access virus Ti arp not in sync

elastic

But that's not sync, I mean how does the Virus know what tempo your Logic project is at?

You could try sending MIDI Clock to the Virus (in Logic, choose File > Project Settings > Synchronization and route either MTC or MIDI Clock to the Virus, depending on what the Virus manual says you should send to sync your arpeggios.

Are you using the Virus with the Audio Unit plug-in? In plug-in mode, the Virus has serious issue with sync, that is the problem always existed with any DAW and system (macOS and Windows). I believe, it is due that the USB of Virus Ti is USB 1 only, so with Audio and MIDI on the same cable, it is never in sync. I'm surprised this issue was never fixed, you can find a lot of discussions about this problem on the web.

Thanks guys, never new that lost memories. Interesting.

I thought it gets its sync from usb David? Forgive me but I don’t know.

Someone from access has just told me that once it’s connected via usb then the midi ports are redundant.

USB provides MIDI connection, but you still need to send a sync signal of some sort (just like if you were using MIDI ports).

Not necessary David, the particularity of the Virus Ti is it is using an Audio Unit plug-in instrument to communicate directly in USB with the hardware, so MIDI sync, MIDI events and Audio input are managed directly by the plug-in itself exactly like the Virus was a virtual instrument, the preset is directly memorised too like a simple plug-in. However, cause of transmission of audio, MIDI events, control parameters in real time from an USB 1 connection make is not really stable in sync. So not need to setup anything in Logic except opening the virtual instrument plug-in.

The TI is the bane of my existence. There has been a a lot of too'ing and fro'ing between myself and several other artists and Access. Such a great keyboard but the 'Total Integration' part is sketchy at best. After over ten years of trying everything - a devoted high speed USB C lane (even though the TI is USB A) gives it the best sync and operation. The arp is notoriously fickle and it's just a matter of pat the Virus, tell it you love it and hope for the best! If it's doing what I want I will ALWAYS bounce out straight away (in realtime of course)! Also, ensure you have your buffer size and buffer range set as low as possible. As David was alluding to, it's best to disconnect and give up on that TI and connect an old school midi cable to it and send it midi clock if you really want reliable sync but then you lose the benefits of the TI.

Not necessary David, the particularity of the Virus Ti is it is using an Audio Unit plug-in instrument to communicate directly in USB with the hardware, so MIDI sync, MIDI events and Audio input are managed directly by the plug-in itself exactly like the Virus was a virtual instrument

Oh ok my mistake then I wasn't thinking of the Audio Unit plug-in, you're right.