Undo key command is inactive

logicscott
Go to solution Solved by sg335man,

• 1 month later...

Same issue here. It doesn't matter what action I do in logic (adding sounds...editing), I get this message. "Command not available because there are no undo steps."

But, there definitely are undo steps because I just did a step.

I've changed no settings and haven't tampered with key commands.

Side note: When using the undo history tab, I still am unable to undo any actions even from that screen.

On a side note : Talking about undo (CMD-Z)...

I would like to assign a switch on my midi keyboard to perform an undo but as it is grayed out in the key commands window, that seems impossible. I know that , if I recall correctly, Save, Save as, Undo and Redo can be called via an MCU. So why can this be done via a Mackie control but not via a midi keyboard?

Please start your own topic, thank you.

• 2 months later...
Same issue here. It doesn't matter what action I do in logic (adding sounds...editing), I get this message. "Command not available because there are no undo steps."

But, there definitely are undo steps because I just did a step.

I've changed no settings and haven't tampered with key commands.

Side note: When using the undo history tab, I still am unable to undo any actions even from that screen.

I’m having this same issue, was there ever a solution? Was this moved to another thread?

My undo list is empty. My undo steps pref is set for 50. It’s intermittent, no telling when it will occur making it impossible to work since I never know if what I delete will be gone for good.

• 4 months later...

until 2 days ago everything worked fine and I had assigned the undo option in logic pro x with my Irig Blue board, I always used the learn option behind the "Command Z" option but now it doesn't allow this.

The symbol is dimmed and does not allow me to reallocate it. but again I can confirm that it worked without problem. I have blueboard more than a year ago.

thank you very much for your help.

Pd. You can see the Komplete Kontrol? The Z command is assigned and when I activate the logic remote app on my tablet it also appears in this same position, but I can only delete them. before the 3 elements appeared, that is to say

1. the midi address of the irig.

2. the ipad logic remote

3. komplete kontrol

again many thanks for your help

1821453230_CapturadePantalla2020-02-29ala(s)10_40_28p.m..thumb.png.9b2209ecd54b7f4d52d2d2e8db07bc45.png

500686855_imagenirig.thumb.jpeg.570d3c68b42298b22593afc818fc783e.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
Here’s my problem the left side of my usb keyboard the command key plus Z will not work? However the right side command key with Z will. The left side works with other commands in and out of Logic. I am using Mojave lasted OSX and current Logic. Where to start crazy....

Thanks for your input, I am rather lost as to where to look really. Its a Logic and Mojave OS bug. At least my MacPro keyboard right side command key works? Command Z. Just have to get use to using the Z on the left. The left command plus Z is OS set in the system and it works in all other applications, go figure. Just Logic changes. I have used working backups of the whole system drive and it still does it. High Sierra and earlier Mojave. Anyway time to create and not deal with bugs....Cheers DonH

• Solution
Update a new Apple Magic Keyboard fixed the command z. After so much searching and reinstalling omg whole day. I guess one should check if possible hardware. My original keyboard 2010 the keys all work but not in combination left side command z. It cost in time and new keyboard but life is good editing again.

• 4 weeks later...
I've experienced this issue off and on in the past, and it just sprung up again. Restarting Logic returns the undo function to normal at least for some time until it happens (apparently) out of nowhere again.

I have this issue as well rebooting constantly during sessions. It's frustrating and not indicative of a professional DAW...if it's pilot error I'm glad to own it but no one appears to have an answer.