New Logic update 10.4.5 is here!

DRC Music
Go to solution Solved by gnubee,

Improved Performance

Improves responsiveness of the Mixer and Event List when working with large sessions

Projects with numerous Flex Time edits and tempo changes perform more efficiently

Optimizes performance for Mac Pro including support for up to 56 processing threads

This update also contains additional stability and performance improvements

Increased Number of Tracks and Channels, up to:

1000 stereo audio channel strips

1000 software instrument channel strips

1000 auxiliary channel strips

1000 external MIDI tracks

12 sends per channel strip

New Features

The Loop Browser can filter by loop type and allows drag and drop of multiple loops into your project simultaneously

Redesigned DeEsser 2 plug-in provides more options to reduce sibilance on audio tracks

Send MIDI beat clock to individual ports, each with unique settings like timing offset and plug-in delay compensation

With 1000 audio tracks - for Mac Pro owners. Thank God. I always hit the 256 audio track ceiling on my projects... :roll:

Nah... if they just had made it possible to run the same numbers of virtual instruments and audio tracks that I could 13 years ago on a PC with reaper.

I know it says its fixed in the release notes, but if they ACTUALLY fixed ARA2 then this will be a great day. (also plugins now unload when you hit the track power button!)

read through the notes and there's a ton of other great updates/fixes, but this is the one I've been waiting for.

Killer feature for me is Dynamic Plugin Loading!

Have a session with lots of frozen VI tracks?

It will open MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH faster!

Fantastic.. thanks Apple!

Excellent, what is Dynamic Plugin Loading?

Optimized Project Loading:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/logic-pro-expert/2019/6/13/logic-pro-x-1045-looks-like-a-routine-minor-update-but-contains-a-new-feature-that-changes-everything

About dynamic plug-in loading in Logic Pro X

Logic Pro X 10.4.5 only loads the plug-ins and software instruments needed to play the project, which helps projects open faster.

Dynamic plug-in loading helps projects with a lot of plug-ins and software instruments open faster. When you open a project, Logic analyzes the project and makes only the tracks needed for playback active. Here are the types of tracks Logic makes active when you open a project:

Audio tracks that have audio regions (not including frozen tracks)

Software instrument tracks that have MIDI regions (not including frozen tracks)

Tracks with input monitoring turned on

Tracks with plug-ins that generate sound without requiring any input (such as the Test Oscillator)

Tracks with external or ReWire inputs

Tracks with plug-ins and software instruments not needed for playback are inactive and dimmed in the Mixer.

When you select an inactive track, Logic loads the plug-ins on that track. Logic also loads plug-ins on an inactive track when you do things like add a region to the track, unfreeze a frozen track, or add a plug-in to an inactive track.

Manually make tracks inactive and active

You can manually make tracks inactive to save system resources. Press and hold the Option key, then click the On/Off button in the track header in the Main window. If you don't see the On/Off button in the track header, choose Track > Configure Track Header, then select On/Off.

When you make a track with audio regions inactive, you also make turn off the track’s audio regions. If you close then reopen the project, the whole track remains inactive until you manually activate it.

To manually activate a channel, click the track header On/Off button in the Main window. In the Mixer, click an empty Audio Effect slot, then choose Activate Channel.

Turn off dynamic plug-in loading

You can turn this setting off for each project:

Open your project

Choose File > Project Settings > General, then deselect "Only load plug-ins needed for project playback."

Can't seem to get the update prompt in App Store for some reason.

Also, will the update's section about improved multi-core support for up to 56 cores have a good effect on 12-core systems?

Same here...on Mojave and LPX 10.4.4. I've restarted a few times but still waiting.

Can't seem to get the update prompt in App Store for some reason.

Also, will the update's section about improved multi-core support for up to 56 cores have a good effect on 12-core systems?

Go to store menu and click reload page.