Capturing audio in a Synth software editor

Wriggle

Hi,

apologies if this has been covered before. I couldn't find the answer via a search. I'm also completely new to the Mac/Logic - but love it!

I'm using Logic Pro X with my Prophet 08 and the Codeknobs software editor. I've currently got this working with separate software instrument and audio tracks. All was going well until I tried to use the step input feature to make a MIDI sequence. Because the Codeknob track was highlighted to enter MIDI, I lost the audio from the Prophet 08.

Is there a way to keep the audio audible whilst doing this or can I set up the Codeknobs track to also capture the audio (without the need for a separate audio track from the P08)

many thanks!

Apologies if this seemed a stupid question to experienced users but having found the answer out from Codeknobs I will post it here for other newbies like me.

Create a new software instrument track to host the synth editor. Go to the this track's fx section and add I/O as an insert FX. I/O dialogue box allows you to set the audio input of the external synth. Job done.

• 8 months later...

hey Wriggle, really appreciate you putting that up. Just helped me out. I see this was some months ago, but maybe I could ask for your 1 more piece of assistance.

I'm a long time logic user, but new to outboard midi gear.

So, I've got a Prophet Rev2, and I bought the codeknobs, Im sure it works the same for the Prophet 8 editor.

Anyways, I have my prophet connected with USB, I've got the editor going, all knob movements and program changes are working fine, but I can't get midi notes to come through.

I'm not even sure if it is supposed to transmit notes, but assume so.

I've gone through the 'manual' on codeknobs site, and fixed all the global parameters on the prophet, as well as the editor, but I can't play anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A