Weird mute behaviour

Andreas Lorentsen

Since I upgraded to 10.4.6, "mute" doesn't activate until the muted track or region is deselected (or select a region on another track - but generally that's the same thing).

Anyone else experiencing this? The bug is easy to spot, because the muted track doesn't "grey out" when you press mute. Applies to region mute and track/channel strip mute.

Andreas

Turns out that the bug wasn't as predictable as I first described. I've tried to debug more now, and I'll try my best to describe the problem (although there may be some significant x-factors that I'm not aware of):

Scenario 1:

- If I have a take folder with more than 1 take in it (obviously) and press "mute" on that track in track view (without selecting that track first - i.e. if another track or bus is selected):

The track mutes like expected, but the colors of the track/regions will not "grey out" and indicate "Mute" until that track is actively clicked/selected and "unselected" in Track view or the Mixer. The "M" indicator in track is also sporadically unresponsive to the track's mute status until the track is: 1. selected, 2. unmuted and 3. muted again.

Oh, and pressing "x" (keybinding for mixer) twice, somehow triggers the mute visual status properly (!)

Scenario 2:

If I have a "summing" (bus) track stack and...

- select any of the regions on a track inside it and mute that/those region(s) only

- select any track inside it in track view or mixer, and then mute that track (via the M in track view, control surface, mixer or key binding):

- Track is muted, but none of the "usual" indicators will change/toggle state to indicate that mute is active - until I deselect that track (click an "empty space" somewhere in track view or "Select None":

Then the track or region color will change to grey (normal mute behavior), and the "M" changes to solid color and starts blinking.

This happens in any project/template. I've also checked to made sure it's not a case of "All solo" or "All mute". No hidden channel strips muted or soloed either.

These are the situations I've had problems with, but I haven't had a chance to test it further though, so there could be all sorts of x-factors, from control surfaces to preference files).

My immidiate "diagnose" from a programmer perspective is that the updating of visual indicators (change state) method/function, somehow fell out of, or simply missed some while/if/for/something loop/catch.

But I may be wrong of course. Eventually, if everything goes as expected - the developers will have fixed it by the next version (and introduced at least 3 new bugs in the process)

:-)

- iMac 27" 5k

- macOS 10.14.6

- 32 GB Ram

- 3TB SSD

- UAD2 Apollo 8P