EXS24 instrument editor -vs- convert to

danyg

is this the default behaviour or am I doing something wrong

- when I drag a kick sample into the EXS instrument editor the kick is spread from c1 to c8 and pitched

- in the arrangement window: when I "convert to new sampler track" my kick sample I'm choosing c1 to c8 but the result in EXS 24 is only one single kick on c1 and the "Key Range is set from c1 to c1. I have to manually expand the Hi range and it works as expected

this seems to me to be outdated behaviour. I can not explain this to the kids :-)

they use to drop a sample in Native Instruments Sampler or FL and have it all over the keyboard.

It's useless to have one kick on one note, especially when the software is asking if you want from it c1 to c8 - that's confusing

this seems to me to be outdated behaviour. I can not explain this to the kids :-)

they use to drop a sample in Native Instruments Sampler or FL and have it all over the keyboard.

It's useless to have one kick on one note, especially when the software is asking if you want from it c1 to c8 - that's confusing

The feature is called Convert RegionS to New Sampler Track. Note the plural. It is designed to map multiple samples. The trigger note range is how Logic maps the multiple samples generated from the multiple regions, first sample on the lowest pitch of the range, then the following samples on ascending chromatic pitches.

If you want to map a single sample across the keyboard you're not using the correct tool: you should drag and drop your sample onto the EXS24 editor.

• 2 years later...
that takes a million years though, so frustrating to anyone who actually uses logic regularly to make music. how hard really would it have been to have a window popup asking you do you want your midi notes to take audio from all samples laid out on different notes or just the first sample laid out on the same note. instead the user is forced to deal with the tedious process of saving sampes into the exs24 and copying and pasting all the midi notes out.

that takes a million years though, so frustrating to anyone who actually uses logic regularly to make music. how hard really would it have been to have a window popup asking you do you want your midi notes to take audio from all samples laid out on different notes or just the first sample laid out on the same note. instead the user is forced to deal with the tedious process of saving sampes into the exs24 and copying and pasting all the midi notes out.

The EXS24 is no longer a part of Logic Pro. Today it's actually easier to use Quick Sampler for this, have you tried it?