Additional Sound Library stuck at "Installing"

thai

Hey there,

I installed the entire 47GB of additional sounds in Logic Pro X, and it now says "Installing" with a full blue progress bar. It's been like this for about 3 hours... Does the installing process usually take this long? The full progress bar for 3 hours tells me there's some sort of issue.

I thought I might just have to restart Logic, but if i attempt to close Logic, it asks me if I want to cancel the installation.

Any sort of help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I ended up getting them to work by installing them individually. However the bigger files tend to drop The connection every 10 minutes or so... is there a link where I can download these sounds outside of the program itself?

I ended up getting them to work by installing them individually. However the bigger files tend to drop The connection every 10 minutes or so... is there a link where I can download these sounds outside of the program itself?

What I did was: I let Logic download them first and when it asks me to install I go to a folder and get the packages, because once Logic installs them, it deletes them (stupid thing to do, anyway, especially when it takes hours to download them)

I don't think there's another place you can download them from...

Here's some stuff I wrote about it and I saved it on my computer. Hope it helps:

"

After it downloads the content, DON'T TYPE THE PASSWORD YET, when it asks to install, as it will delete all installers after the instalation.

It will say "installing" after the download. Don't freak out. It WILL ask for the admin password ;)

Go to Finder > Go > Go To Folder

Type:

/private/var/folders/

Find a folder that ends with "gn" (I guess the ZZ folder is not where it is).

Inside that folder (that ends with "gn"), look for the C folder. Inside that C folder look for the "com.apple.MusicApps" folder. There you will find audiocontentdownload.apple.com. Inside that folder, you will find all installers. Copy them to a hard drive. Go back to Logic and type the admin password

When installing on a new computer (or reinstalling) try to copy the folder "lp10_ms3_content_2013" (or 2016) to that same folder audiocontentdownload.apple.com and see if it works, if Logic recognizes it when opening.

Go to Logic Pro X menu > Sound Library > Download all available sounds

It will start downloading any sounds that are missing or just start installing, since it recognizes all the other installers on that folder

"

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone,

if possible, with your help, I wanted to update this post in the hope it will be of help to those who continue to have problems.

Meanwhile, thanks to "3ple" for its valuable information.

This is my configuration: Logic Pro X 10.4.8 and OS Mojave 10.14.6.

Trying the indications of 3ple at the current state of the OS it seems that something has changed, because I can't find the folder "com.apple.MusicApps" and therefore I can't even find "audiocontentdownload.apple.com".

Surely Apple has changed the path.

Is there anyone who found out where to find such folders in OS Mojave 10.14.6?

Thanks for the help !

Renato

Hi everyone,

if possible, with your help, I wanted to update this post in the hope it will be of help to those who continue to have problems.

Meanwhile, thanks to "3ple" for its valuable information.

This is my configuration: Logic Pro X 10.4.8 and OS Mojave 10.14.6.

Trying the indications of 3ple at the current state of the OS it seems that something has changed, because I can't find the folder "com.apple.MusicApps" and therefore I can't even find "audiocontentdownload.apple.com".

Surely Apple has changed the path.

Is there anyone who found out where to find such folders in OS Mojave 10.14.6?

Thanks for the help !

Renato

Mine is here, for example:

/private/var/folders/_n/b_vl0wcx1lsfyw2979zfnt4w0000gn/C/com.apple.MusicApps

Have you tried looking inside all folders inside /private/var/folders

?

On my post I mentioned a specific folder, but take the time to search inside each one of them. I'm not sure if Apple changed or not, but I would guess that each computer and each installation creates different folders, I don't know.

Look at how mine as inside a _n folder and then another folder that had a long name and ended with gn as I mentioned in my post. Maybe on your computer is not the _n folder, I'm not sure how that works...

Hi 3ple,

and thanks for your help!

I solved another way and I think it can be of help to many.

Below is what I found looking on the net, clearly, this is fine for me as I want to download all the pkgs and save them on another HD.

It is not important what you downloaded from Logic.

Just go to this site: https://github.com/davidteren/lpx_links and copy the command indicated under Usage and paste it in Terminal.

In this you will download a folder with all the links up to the last pkg.

There are all the explanations and the whole thing is very simple.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Renato