Adding external midi synth patches to library?

Ninecows

Hi

I don’t know if this can be done at all as I’m pretty new with Logic, having less than 50 h in the company of Logic.

Maybe this idea is already there. Maybe it requires days of advanced programming. Maybe it’s impossible.

But I imagine having all the +3000 patches on my Kurzweil PC3x (or any other synth connected with with USB midi connection) included in the patch library of Logic. So I can search for them just as with any other patch already build into the Logic library.

When selected it will create a external midi instrument track and select the right bank/patch on my synth.

I can of course create the patch list manually, but a macro that extracts the current list directly from the synth would be better. We already have the free editor (http://soundtower.com/pc3/) that can “see” the current patches so it’s not that far away.

Ideally it should also pull out the 8 faders and switch knob, expression pedal etc as smart controls including the patch specific assignments to these... but that’s probably stretching it ;-)

Any ideas? Am I too visionary here? I am no expert in programming, but surely not afraid of it either.

Hmmm... I don't think it works. It has definitions for the K2500/K2000, but I can't seem to get it working. It will say things like:

"The MIDI IN port 2 (Kurzweil PC3)

is currently in use with another MIDI device.

Please retry when the port is free."

...I have selected a K2500 as instrument. I don't know if it then expects a different name than PC3 on that midi port?

Other ideas?