Propellerhead Reason As A Plug-in News!!!

Logiclark

I use Logic Pro X along with Propellerhead Reason, using ReWire. So far, it’s been a great combination, but sometimes ReWire is a pain.

Propellerhead just announced that they are releasing Reason 11 next month, as both a stand-alone app and as a plug-in. The full Reason rack will run in a plug-in window in Logic!

So, there will be two Reason plug-ins: One for instruments and one for effects.

Propellerhead announced that when Reason 11 is released next month, the plug-in will be VST 3 only at first. But, they will release an AU version as a free update before the end of the year.

It was also announced that ReWire will be discontinued in Reason 11.

i would have been interested in this... a million years ago. but hard to imagine a need (at least, if you're deep into LX etc) for multiple synths, fx, etc... in one plugin window.

still, cool for one of my collabs (i just sent him a link) who lives in reason and logic...

I think it’d be great for rebuilding old projects I originally made with reason. And it does have some pretty cool tools. The one window rack thing and the simplicity of it is great for noodling around too though, without having to spend much time setting up tracks and sounds. But yeah, mostly would have been cool a million years ago...

Haven’t used it in since Reason 3 but now that it’s gonna be available as a plugin I think I’ll take the plunge of the price is right. It’s a lotta fun to play around with and really great to use as a sketch pad for new ideas. It might not be as powerful as Logic, but it’s strength is in its simplicity and ease to quickly get a bunch of sounds to play around with.

I love it for noodling around. Find with logic, that by the time I come across the sounds I want, the inspiration to noodle is gone.

People still use Reason? :P

people still post comments like this?

one of my collabs uses reason, and does some impressive stuff. a tool is only as good as the person using it, and all of these apps (logic, reason, pro tools, etc) have been around for some time. so... what's your point, exactly?

Oh, no worries, I was just goofing! I just hadn't thought about Reason in a long time....so now I'm gonna go have to get caught up on what it can do now.

people still post comments like this?

one of my collabs uses reason, and does some impressive stuff. a tool is only as good as the person using it, and all of these apps (logic, reason, pro tools, etc) have been around for some time. so... what's your point, exactly?

Oh, no worries, I was just goofing! I just hadn't thought about Reason in a long time....so now I'm gonna go have to get caught up on what it can do now.

really, my apologies, just a bad night. up to about 2009, i used reason and logic (and loved telling people 'i make music with reason and logic'; it was so much fun to use, but... needed audio recording (which they added a million years too late).

anyway, i WILL check it out at some point, and again, for my collab, it's just what he wants...

really, my apologies, just a bad night. up to about 2009, i used reason and logic (and loved telling people 'i make music with reason and logic'; it was so much fun to use, but... needed audio recording (which they added a million years too late).

anyway, i WILL check it out at some point, and again, for my collab, it's just what he wants...

No apology necessary! Sometimes I get too snarky in my attempts at humor. Just ask my wife :shock:

I have fond memories of drum programming in Reason. It was my first drum machine back when I started using Protools. Makes me want to dig out the ol’ archive drive...wait, no, I don’t think I can handle listening to that early stuff! :oops:

The Rack by itself is just a library of instruments and effects, some of which would be fun to have available in Logic. I could live without the rest of it.

I wonder how long bfore DAW makers start dropping Rewire support. I've heard rumors that some future Mac OS will have security enhancements that will break Rewire.