Can't hear metronome [SOLVED]

dean299
Go to solution Solved by dean299,

• Solution

Ok, I'm a right idiot. After looking at this dialog 50 times, I made a screenshot to attach to this response. When I did I finally noticed the attached:

For the life of me I can't figure out how it got un-checked, and for the life of me I can't think of a situation where you'd activate the metronome but not want to hear it, but there it is.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

588085624_ScreenShot2019-09-05at8_57_38PM.thumb.png.aa4c84cf4617d30b6ec71abae784483f.png

• 2 years later...
I too am having the same problem and in the settings I have everything correct and even the box checked that was previously talked about. Is there anything else that I might have forgotten? Thanks for the help or at least for trying.

Dan

Hi Dan, try to open a new empty project, create one audio track but do not put any audio there. Click the Metronome button to turn it on (or press K). Press Play. Can you hear the metronome?

I found out that it's a glitch in the program having to do with setting the rate to 65 and not the one that it's defaulting to. Not in front of the right computer at the present time or I would give you more detail, but I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.

Thanks so much

Dan

• 2 years later...

I too am having this problem, and I also don't know what the previous poster meant by "a glitch ... with setting the rate to 65". The metronome works in some projects, but not in others and I've never found a difference in the settings. The best I can do when this happens is start a new project, make sure the metronome is working, and then copy and paste everything over. Then, keeping fingers crossed, hope the metronome keeps working long enough to get the project finished.

As an aside, the metronome problem is only one of a list of shockingly basic things that I've found unreliable (another being the mute and solo buttons on MIDI tracks). Since it's not being maintained well, it's actually my hope that Apple discontinues Logic Pro, but in a responsible way, making available all the information that alternative applications need to flawlessly import Logic projects, and also perhaps open sourcing the Flex feature so it can be debugged and then shared across all DAWs.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, edurbrow said:

I'm having the same problem and audio is checked. I cannot find Klopgeist anywhere (searched in Help and in the Library), so I think that is the problem. How can I get Klopgeist?

Klopfgeist is a plug-in integrated into Logic, so you have it already. But that's not the cause of your issue. Unfortunately from the information you gave I cannot tell you what the problem is, so an example project showing this behaviour would be very helpful. Or at least a Mixer screenshot

4 hours ago, polanoid said:

Klopfgeist is a plug-in integrated into Logic, so you have it already. But that's not the cause of your issue. Unfortunately from the information you gave I cannot tell you what the problem is, so an example project showing this behaviour would be very helpful. Or at least a Mixer screenshot

I tried to make a small file just 4 bars long with no audio, just midi of a couple of tracks, but of course it is too big to upload. 1.5MB limit here and that file is 105MB. Why it is that big with nothing in it, beats me. I've never been able to up load a file here. Always too big. Luckily, a screenshot is only 725 KB.

Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 4.10.30.png

1 hour ago, polanoid said:

Could you change the Mixer view to „All“ before taking the screenshots please? Would be particularly interesting to know about the Metronome channel (usually called „Click“)

Wow, there were so many tracks I thought that was all. Here are three shots which depict "all".
Thanks for sticking with this. I don't see Metronome, but I am famous for not seeing things right in front of my face.

Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 15.55.47.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 15.55.29.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 15.54.55.png

I should have read your post more carefully! I was looking for Metronome but the track is called Click. Not to be confused with the track I created called Click. I erased the track I made and Click is still there and the Metronome works as expected. 
Thank you for that. My only question is how did it get muted?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to everybody!

Had the same Problem...

None of the posted advises applied to me... It was just gone all Boxes checked, not muted, etc.

Then in Mixerview "All"  I tried to send the Click-Output to a Bus, and there it was again... then I again chose Out 1-2 and it is still here...

Just wanted to share!

John 

• Like 1