Import Group Settings from another project

slimhan

Hello guys! I have a big project with many groups so that I can hide or mute different tracks together. Some of the tracks are assigned to multiple groups and each group has different settings etc.. Now I want to make a smaller template out of it, so I've imported the tracks, stacks, buses and other settings and they are all fine. But it didn't import anything related to "groups" and I can't seem to find any solution other than duplicating the project and deleting the unnecessary tracks. Manually creating those groups again and assigning them to tracks is also out of option. Am I missing something here? Is there another way to import group settings and assignments?

Thank you!

You can import everything but "groups". So it is not a complete import function. I don't understand if there is a logical reason to leave out just groups.. I was thinking of adapting my new group system to my old unfinished projects. Now I have to do it the other way; import my old projects to my new template and save them. That doesn't sound ideal to me.

• 9 months later...