Connecting 3.5mm Jack Changes Project Sample Rate

rickenbacker360

Latest LPX, project using stock, third party, and UAD plugins requiring external DSP hardware, but not attached. Something I've been able to do easily and readily in LP 9.

When I connect a 3.5mm jack to the laptop (per signature) my sound output immediately slows down and goes down an octave. My project which was/is recorded at 88.2 is now 44.1.

What's going on?

This whole mess gets worse because if I try to fix it by going to project settings and changing the now italic font 88.2, all my frozen tracks now have to re-freeze and they do so at 44.1. Eventually, with a few attempts, I get things to re-freeze at 88.2 but, of course, all my UAD plugins (because the DSP is not attached) are not rendered and the whole thing is a grand cluster F**k..

Any others experience this?

Contacting Apple Support, the tech said his copy of Mohave has 88.2 available in "Audio MIDI Setup" for Built-in Output. That value is not present in High Sierra per screenshot. Not sure if that's the answer to my problem. The Apogee Duet DOES have 88.2, of course.

I can't upgrade to Mohave without breaking some critical hardware usage.

1360951177_AudioMIDISetup.thumb.jpg.e10c7e5f64950b8b9796eb52b74dc6f7.jpg

• 1 year later...
I was told Mohave would give me 88.2 so I upgraded this week to Mohave. Nope! I called the upper echelon of Apple support for creative professionals (if that's a thing) and they had to ask 2–3 other people. Result: It's HARDWARE related. I have MacBook Pro 2017 and it is definitely on the unsupported list for 88.2. Most MacBook Pros after 2015, IIRC are not supported, until we get to the M1 chip.