How To Change Note on Logic Pro X's Event List Using Midi Controller

spoilthechild
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi, all

I'm running Logic 10.4.6 on a Macbook Pro running High Sierra 10.3.6.

I have been desperately trying to figure out how to change a note in the Event List using my midi controller (Akai MPKmini). In Pro Tools, I would just click on the note in an event list window, the note would be highlighted, I'd press the desired note on my midi controller, and the corresponding note on the Event List window would change. (The similar thing happens, too, when I click on velocity -- it gets highlighted, I press on a note, the approximate degree of which would correspond to a velocity level). But my concern now is more on the note-changing. Would anyone know if this is possible? I'm thinking this sounds like a very basic feature and that I probably am just missing something basic here as well. I am aware of the Piano Roll but just do personally find the Event List more useful and practical (I've gotten used to editing on an event list even in other DAW). If so, I hope someone can help enlighten me as I have spent days (weeks now) trying to search for an answer on the web (and posting on other fora as well without success) and have not found anything on this, even in the Logic Pro Help's Event List topic. :shock:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you very much!

PS I hope I am posting in the right place here. Apologies in advance if I am mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, David

I'm sorry to have to trouble you again, but I encountered a bit of trouble. :oops: I did follow your instructions; however, when I press the key on the midi controller to change the note on the double-clicked, highlighted note event, what happens is that a new note event (the desired note I had pressed) is created on the same event location such that I end up with a 2-note chord instead of a single note that I had just wished to change to a different note. Would you know if I may have missed something or if I may be doing something wrong? Hope to hear your advice. :)

Thank you! :)

I did follow your instructions; however, when I press the key on the midi controller to change the note on the double-clicked, highlighted note event, what happens is that a new note event (the desired note I had pressed) is created

You're correct and there was a mistake in my instructions. I have corrected them. You need to double-click the MIDI In button (on my screenshot notice the different shade on the MIDI connector in the button when you double-click it).