imac or mac pro for logic

kerochan

Still looking for the right computer for Logic, whilst I use my macbook pro, hissing away!

I have decided its between an imac 27, i7 quad core, 32gb RAm 512 flash (refurbished 2015 model) or a refurbished Macpro trash can 2013, 8 core. I will use my TB 27 screen as the main monitor.

I dont want a new model, as i am happy with El Capitan, which the refurbished ones are delivered with.

Any pointers? out of the 2 above?

I'd go for the trashcan also....or even a 2012 cheese grater. Nothing else since then is good enough for what we do, they all have some kind of hardware problems, such as thermal problems fan noise, etc. My cheese grater is right by my feet and I can't even tell if its on or not other then the light on the front. Totally dead silent. But its officially a deprecated device from Apple.....so..there is that...but you can get a decent one loaded up for $1500-2000.

THe trashcan also, would be my choice and actually first choice if you are already using a lot of Thunderbolt, etc.. I use a lot of PCI stuff, so I need the cheese grater and will remain on it until Apple brings out an affordable replacement that also has PCI slots.