Logic Pro 11 Audio Units [Concept]

aviorrok

Hi,

I made a concept for Logic Pro 11 audio units (the way we choose a plug) it's not a breakthrough but

1. Custom tableview - make a custom list of audio plugins (Logic plugins or 3rd party plugins) I'm using FF Q3 a lot so why every time I need to enter audio plugins list choose fabfilter and after that choose Pro Q3

2. Rearrange plugins list

If I have more concept I'll share them :)

8SfyZFh.png

There is not going to be Logic 11. It will stay being 10 (X) as long Mac OS will be called 10 (X).

maybe they are going from Mac OS X to Mac OS L once Mac OS 10.49 is replaced by Mac OS 10.50, at which point they may call it Mac OS L.

More likely: the nexty Logics are going to be:

10.5.0 (overhaul of plugin GUI's, some new plugins, some new virtual instruments, possible other new features (polyphic Flex Pitch?)

10.5.1 (bug fixes)

10.5.2 (bug fixes)

10.5.3 (bug fixes)

10.5.4 (bug fixes)

10.5.5 (bug fixes)

10.6.0 (new sampled instruments, new synths, new FX plugins, environment debugged and graphically brought in line with the rest of the program)

10.6.1 (bug fixes)

10.6.2 (bug fixes)

10.6.3 (bug fixes)

10.7.0 (up to 3,000 tracks, 3.000 channel strips, new plugins, new instruments etc etc)

10.7.1 (bug fixes)

10.7.2 (bug fixes)

10.8.0 (integration with Mac OS 10.23 aka Mac OS Tucumcari)

10.8.1 (bug fixes)

etc etc

There is not going to be Logic 11. It will stay being 10 (X) as long Mac OS will be called 10 (X).

maybe they are going from Mac OS X to Mac OS L once Mac OS 10.49 is replaced by Mac OS 10.50, at which point they may call it Mac OS L.

10.5.0 (overhaul of plugin GUI's, some new plugins, some new virtual instruments, possible other new features (polyphic Flex Pitch?)

10.5.1 (bug fixes)

10.5.2 (bug fixes)

10.5.3 (bug fixes)

10.5.4 (bug fixes)

10.5.5 (bug fixes)

10.6.0 (new sampled instruments, new synths, new FX plugins, environment debugged and graphically brought in line with the rest of the program)

10.6.1 (bug fixes)

10.6.2 (bug fixes)

10.6.3 (bug fixes)

10.7.0 (up to 3,000 tracks, 3.000 channel strips, new plugins, new instruments etc etc)

10.7.1 (bug fixes)

10.7.2 (bug fixes)

10.8.1 (bug fixes)

etc etc

Eriksimon is right. Apple’s Pro Apps and macOS have a different versioning system. If you add the first two numbers you might get a better idea of how it works. So Logic Pro X 10.4.7 becomes Logic Pro X 14.7, with the next major update being version 15.

We effectively had version 11 many years back!!

i wish supposed version 14 we are on now would be retinized completely, 7 years after apple introduced Retina computers.

It's abysmal really.

what's ridiculous is that we had alchemy for a while, and it got a whole new interface from original Camel version and it is still NON RETINA. (all knobs are lo-res)

and the high-res version of sculpture is a joke. Really, 7 years waiting since retina mac and we get a 1999 design with pixel doubling. gee, thanks, i love that everything about my 2018 mac looks modern except the Apple software i run that looks like its still the 90s.

• 2 weeks later...
Once Sculpture and ES2 and EXS24 are replaced by "contemporary" versions, Arturia will sell emulations...

Haha!!.

Well I still believe Alchemy is/would be the replacement for EXS, once they fully iron out any compatibility issues. My guess, my hope, saw might see the last of the plugins fully updated with the next major release, with some possible improvements to midi implementation. Maybe.

Once Sculpture and ES2 and EXS24 are replaced by "contemporary" versions, Arturia will sell emulations...

Haha!!.

Well I still believe Alchemy is/would be the replacement for EXS, once they fully iron out any compatibility issues. My guess, my hope, saw might see the last of the plugins fully updated with the next major release, with some possible improvements to midi implementation. Maybe.

Honestly i'd much prefer a simpler standalone sampler without all the crap that's in Alchemy. Update EXS, with waveform views and more intuitive building.

A sort of "midi modifier plugin" but built into logics own instruments, so you can control and mod any insert. i.e., LFOs in alchemy could control the synth + a parameter in an insert plugin, in the same manner you can assign plugin parameters from MIDI with Modifier plugin.

That would make a very clean sampler with ability to "extend it" if needed. Seems like ridiculously easy to implement too.

Haha!!.

Honestly i'd much prefer a simpler standalone sampler without all the crap that's in Alchemy. Update EXS, with waveform views and more intuitive building.

A sort of "midi modifier plugin" but built into logics own instruments, so you can control and mod any insert. i.e., LFOs in alchemy could control the synth + a parameter in an insert plugin, in the same manner you can assign plugin parameters from MIDI with Modifier plugin.

That would make a very clean sampler with ability to "extend it" if needed. Seems like ridiculously easy to implement too.

Basically the Ableton simpler. That's a real advantage of Ableton. That + the session view means you can get ideas down extremely fast

Haha!!.

In part I agree, but it hasn't happened. And the ONLY thing that has happened that has been remotely like an EXS upgrade is introducing Alchemy and then update after update making it more and more compatibly with EXS.

I'm not citing a desire, just several years of observation. That's what makes me think Alchemy is the new EXS. We'd know for sure, if finally every plugin has been updated, except EXS. That will be the telltale.

10.5.1 (bug fixes)

10.5.2 (bug fixes)

10.5.3 (bug fixes)

10.5.4 (bug fixes)

10.5.5 (bug fixes)

10.6.1 (bug fixes)

10.6.2 (bug fixes)

10.6.3 (bug fixes)

10.7.1 (bug fixes)

10.7.2 (bug fixes)

10.8.1 (bug fixes)

etc etc

Not entirely accurate. More like this:

10.5.1 (bug fixes and new bugs)

10.5.2 (fixing bugs introduced in 10.5.1, introduce new bugs)

10.5.3 (fixing some of the 10.5.2 bugs. Introducing new bug. Re-introducing half of the bugs from 10.5.1)

10.5.4 (scramble projects made in 10.5.2. Fix bugs from 10.4.6. Re-introduce bugs from 10.4.3 and 10.5.3)

Etc...

That's what makes me think Alchemy is the new EXS.

I don't think so. Alchemy is a synthesizer, albeit one that can do some quite sophisticated things with samples, and they just added the ability to import EXS instruments rather than only raw samples and Soundfont mappings.

The EXS is still the primary sample playback platform for EXS-format instruments (a format which is used widely across the Apple audio platform), and yes, it's simplicity is one way is a strength, but also a pain, as some simple things are difficult to do. I agree that I'd like a better tool for working with simple samples (like Ableton's Simpler), and a more powerful tool for dealing with multisampled instruments (although with Kontakt as a ubiquitous platform, I'm not sure where it should go).

I can only imagine that replacements/updates are in the plan for all the old non-retina plugins, but that plan has taken a long time to work through - that's the price I guess of a small development team and a long list of tasts and priorities.

You've got to think though that some final reimagined sampler system with a significantly improved interface and other functionality (I still require Keymap Pro to do any serious sampling work) would be a *large* feature and so would likely come in a major new Logic version, not just pushed as a point release. So I guess we'll be watching for 10.5 to see what that brings...