Replace the audio of a number of ESX24 samples by replacing just the one original audio region the chops were made from

JoshJ

I have 10 audio samples in an ESX24 that I cut from a vocal audio region in the arrange window and dragged into the ESX24.

If I want to make edits to the original audio single audio region I cut them from and then have all the cut points applied to the new region and the samples loaded into ESX24 in the same way as before (mapped to the same keys etc). Is this possible and what method would I use?;

1. Would I do this by replacing the audio in the ESX itself (can the ESX look for a single audio file its samples were cut from and then replace all the chops with new audio file and choos the correct position of that audio file to start and end at?).

2. Or by renaming the newly edited single audio file in Finder (to the name of the original audio file) and then Logic would find the new file instead of the old one and then load up and apply the chops I made, to the newly edited audio?

(Sorry, I’ve asked a few versions of this question over the last few days but am looking for the best way to do this and am getting a bit confused).

• 2 weeks later...
make edits to the original audio single audio region

You're not clear what these edits are.

Destructive fades or other processing embedded into the file ? This would be reflected in the EXS the next time these samples are played/loaded. If you have a processed file of identical length, you put it in the same location as the old file, rename the old to "...old" and the new to what the old file name was. Reload the project and EXS will play the new file.

Destructive cuts or inserts in the source file which change the length of the file ? This will throw off EXS zones since these are really only numerical pointers to the source file, so Zone #41 will play whatever it finds at sample location 3027584577 in the source file. If you threw out 23623544 samples ahead of that, your start and end points will be 23623544 late in all Zones using audio after that edit.