The High Sierra Broken Aliases-Missing Content Thing

Tapeworm

Haven't been here in a dogs age. But looking into my problem I found this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=133530

It might've been all well and fine except when I c&p'd what was recommended into terminal:

open /.HFS+\ Private\ Directory\ Data?/

I get a 'does not exist'. :(

How this came to be is this. I finally decided to go to High Sierra so I could get Logic's latest update. I made another partition on my Mac hdd. I cloned my Sierra system onto it then upgraded that to High Sierra to test it out. Before I did this I updated the clone of my system as well as updated time machine.

Using the H.S. system, I just found this issue when I saw that all my own Logic templates were missing. Then of course I came across this broken alias thing.....the 'Audio Music Apps' and also the 'Logic' folder located in User>Library>Application Support is broken as well.

Now I get from reading the thread about this issue why this thing happened to me. I also have Logic 9 (which, afaict, is the cause of this issue?) in my applications folder and that got cloned over to my H.S. test partitions well.

However, this also wound up affecting Logic on my Sierra system! So I'm confounded as to why that separate H.S. system wound up 'reaching over' and making the same mess on Sierra?

Questions...

Why would that hidden file not exist?

I suppose worse comes to worse. I delete the H.S. partition and clone my Sierra system back tp pre-eff'd up condition.

I read that apparently this whole thing happened because Logic 9 is in the Application folder. So, when cloning my system back to normal and I delete Logic 9, can I go back to remaking a H.S. test partition and this issue won't repeat itself? Because of Logic 9 being there?

Thanks