crossfade across two separate tracks?!

harness

Hi all,

One question for Apple / Logic Pro: why, for the love of god, does Logic Pro not allow you to crossfade (equal power / equal gain) across two separate tracks ?! This is one of the most basic editing features in any DAW and this is nowhere to be found. Also more fascinating is why no one has ever asked this question ! Adding this feature would put Logic Pro into another league.

Actually I totally disagree - in post-production sound for film you need to do an equal power equal gain crossfade across multiple tracks thousands of times and without this function Logic Pro is a bit helpless for this kind of work. It's even useful for music production, sound design, etc. Major oversight in the DAW.

i never really needed that. I only really need equal power xfade for something that has to be as seamless as possible.

If i have it on two separate tracks (as probably two different processings) I will probably do some other fade.

idk, i've only really saw this in two-tracks editors, not really in DAWs. maybe i'm mistaken

Heres the way I've done it,

1. Create a summing stack of the two tracks you want to crossfade

2. Add the gain plugin to the summing stack

3. Open up the smart controls of the summing stack and select a knob you want to use

1232684720_ScreenShot2019-11-08at2_05_44PM.thumb.png.093214e11fa415a22bbd28147742740b.png

4. In the Parameter mapping simply choose volume of the first track, then click "add mapping" from the little settings menu in smart controls, and add the second track

5. Click the "Open" button

6. Choose Invert

Done!

505412063_ScreenShot2019-11-08at2_07_16PM.png.82e9052c202378b659ab2a32d8e48fb8.png

Edited by NateTedesco
  • Like 1