Help Connecting MIDI Keyboard For Optimum Use With Logic

Integrator

Greetings!

If anyone knows of an existing post I may have missed on this topic, please do point me to it.

All hardware appears to be connected correctly > I can record MIDI.

What I hope to learn is how to make a chosen Triton patch stick like glue to a Logic channel strip of my choice, and just work without fuss until I make a change to it. This would be true while I'm working in Logic, or after saving, closing, and reopening a project. I want to be confident that when I assign a particular Triton patch to a particular track it stays put. I'm currently seeing behaviors like the wrong sound from the Triton being played back on the wrong track, or the same Triton sound being played back on two separate tracks having two different Triton patches assigned to them? Some-thing, or things, just aren't configured quite right?

Is MIDI Channel selection part of the problem? On the external instrument MIDI channel strips there are two areas to change the MIDI Channel, and I may be wrong but they appear to work separately— if I change one the other doesn't change. I do not understand how these should be set? On the MIDI Channel selector near the top of the channel strip I can choose "All", or numbers 1-16. Lower on the channel strip is a button titled External I. After hitting this button a dialog box appears where I can again choose "All", or numbers 1-16... but here the 16 numbers are joined by the words (1 Korg Triton Extreme). I've tried various combinations of these MIDI Channel options without a breakthough.

FYI: In Logic's Recording Project preferences I have checked the check box to enable "Auto demix by channel if multitrack recording", as suggested by a post here on LogicProHelp.

I would also be grateful for any MIDI setup suggestions for the Triton's MIDI Setup: (photo attached)

Triton%20MIDI%20Setup.jpeg?dl=0

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!!

• Mac Pro 5,1 Mid 2010 > OS X 10.14.6

• Final Cut Pro X 10.4.6

• Focusrite Scarlett 18i8

• Korg Trition Extreme

Hardware synth's (Triton) presets are usually selectable via program changes which could be issued by Logic in various ways. One way could be by using the mixer's program and bank buttons, which are displayed in the assigned track's inspector. Same is recallable once saved as a channelstrip preset.

Some hardware synth requires a SysEx dump of a preset or a combi (every channel presets). In such case it is necessary to record the corresponding SysEx data from the hardware into Logic, in order for the latter to send it back to the Triton as needed (i.e. when selecting a preset). In such case, the hardware synth has to be SysEx enabled, which in many cases will automatically be disabled when switched off or reset...

Before messing with SysEx on your Triton, I would strongly recommend backing up your custom presets and familiarize yourself with its user manual...

Edited by Atlas007