EXS24 file location

Plogicx

Hello!!!

for some reason, when I try and load any of the sounds from the folders "Sounds and FX or Sampler Patches" which I added to sampler instrument (on my external HDD) I get an error message saying Audio File not found. No matter which pack or sound I try to load, it says the same thing..

Also the drop down menu isn't displaying all the folders i.e not showing 'sounds & FX"... which is also strange ! not that it helps anyway since it won't load anything..

Can you help me with this? what is going on lol

Lastest V of OSX and Logic. and Apple library on my external HDD

1032546625_Screenshot2019-11-1221_59_07.thumb.png.d6e2043f95ada32849ccfb3a3344fe75.png

535549460_Screenshot2019-11-1221_36_50.thumb.png.25e34d2ebcc1b61bd1d48df9d9e3b9ed.png

EXS24 biggest turd I can think of. The files are there, it can see them it just refuses to load and play them.

Is there something wrong with my EXS24? or is this something to do with Catalina?

Pulling hair out

EDIT!

when I put my samples into the following location

Macintosh HD > user> peter > music > audio music apps > sampler instruments > user d (my custom folder)

the samples are now loading and playable in EXS24...

is that right?

Also to add further complication... NONE of the garage band sounds load or play. It asks me to download them, then titles them 'untitled'. After the download it still wont play the garage band file...

very confused and disappointed with logic. Its things like this which will make me leave Logic and go with Ableton Live or FL Studio

Cheers JakobP. I had high hopes of this working, so moved all the folders back and made sure it was set to All volumes and... nothing will not load them. Even with it set to external Volumes.

This is a problem because my internal HDD is very limited space wise

Hi David

So the location (as per installation instructions from loop master) is External Hdd > logic > sampler instruments > User D (a folder I created as per instructions)

Then within this folder I put one folder that contains .exs files and the other that contains the audio files .wav

It's so odd, as I say because they work fine when put in the seemingly wrong place on the internal hdd

Because when I 'refresh' it displays the folder I created within the 'factory folder' and then I follow the folder to the sound, so I know it can see it. And the exact same folders with same contents work when in the other location > Macintosh HD > user> peter > music > audio music apps > sampler instruments > user d (my custom folder)

The instrument files (.exs) needs to be located in specific folders, but you can put your samples (audiofiles like .wav, .aiff, etc) on your external drive. The instrument files are small in size and will not occupy much space on your internal. Quoted from apple:

To be visible in the EXS24 mkII Sampler Instruments pop-up menu, instruments must be stored in the Sampler Instruments subfolder of any of the following folders:

~/Music/Audio Music Apps: User-defined or edited instruments are stored here.

/Library/Application Support/Logic: Factory-supplied sampler instruments are installed here.

…/ProjectName: Logic Pro X also searches for sampler instruments in the project folder.

David, I re-indexed the EX HD, still no joy.

JakobP, This file path Macintosh HD ~/Music/Audio Music Apps: User-defined or edited instruments are stored here. is the ONLY file path where i can get the EXS24 to play the .exs / .wav files.

It also MUST have the 'sounds and fx' along with the 'Sound sampler and patches' folder together in the same place, i.e if i remove the sounds and fx folder (which contains the .wav files) it will give the same error message 'audio file not found'.

This location EX HDD "/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instrument: Factory-supplied sampler instruments are installed here." only works with the factory samples and audio files..

. If i place them in the location like this video describes, they work.. but then this doesnt solve or explain why they wont work in the location via the ex HDD where the factory samples are located

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ValliSoftware,

I will attempt to answer correctly as I would like to solve this.

1) Attached is the AAD_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.exs file.

2) File path for AAD_A_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.wav is located is in two places,

(1) /Volumes/Seagate Ex HD/Logic Pro X External Samples/AA_DEEP_HOUSE_ESSENTIALISM/AAD_SOUNDS_&_FX/AAD_BASS_HITS

and the second location being the only pace I can get EXS24 to read it (in conjunction with its sibling .EXS file is here (2) (Internal HDD) Macintosh HDD/Users/peter/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments/User DD/AAD_SOUNDS_&_FX/AAD_BASS_HITS

hope this helps?

AAD_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.exs.zip

Hi ValliSoftware,

I will attempt to answer correctly as I would like to solve this.

1) Attached is the AAD_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.exs file.

2) File path for AAD_A_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.wav is located is in two places,

(1) /Volumes/Seagate Ex HD/Logic Pro X External Samples/AA_DEEP_HOUSE_ESSENTIALISM/AAD_SOUNDS_&_FX/AAD_BASS_HITS

and the second location being the only pace I can get EXS24 to read it (in conjunction with its sibling .EXS file is here (2) (Internal HDD) Macintosh HDD/Users/peter/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments/User DD/AAD_SOUNDS_&_FX/AAD_BASS_HITS

hope this helps?

Here's the EXS you posted

1450394008_nodriveletters.png.44812d8c878a27cd5987653e9f40ee36.png

There's no such things as drive letters in OSX, that EXS must have been made with the Windows version of Logic.

The Audio File being used is AAD_C_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.wav not AAD_A_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.wav

I'm posting an update EXS but the Audio Path is set to your requested path.

update.png.0ebb14388e2d55880c3775336e928e85.png

See if the attach EXS is able to load.

AAD_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.exs.zip

Hi There, sorry, I didn't realise the file AAD_C_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.wav was the partner to AAD_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.exs.

Anyway, I located your updated .EXS file with the Wav file in the location suggested by Loopmasters (where I purchased the sound pack from) on the external HDD in a 'user TEST' Folder and... it worked.. but, it only worked I believe because it was still reading it from this location > Macintosh HDD/Users/peter/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments/User DD

I tested this theory by deleting all AAD_Sample_Patches folder and AAD_Sounds_&_FX folders from the above file locations, and then loaded up EXS24, and tried to load from /Volumes/Seagate Ex HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments and once again, it says the same error message that we know about.

So, I am more confused now. You said "there's no such things as drive letters in OSX, so the EXS's must have been made with the Windows version of Logic." however Logic is only an Apple piece of software is it not? Moreover, the .exs files and wav audio files for another pack I purchased (sold as apple loops) also don't work where they should i.e /Volumes/Seagate Ex HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments /'user test'

so what now?! :/ seems broken

Hi There, sorry, I didn't realise the file AAD_C_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.wav was the partner to AAD_Acid_Synth_Bass_1.exs.

Anyway, I located your updated .EXS file with the Wav file in the location suggested by Loopmasters (where I purchased the sound pack from) on the external HDD in a 'user TEST' Folder and... it worked.. but, it only worked I believe because it was still reading it from this location > Macintosh HDD/Users/peter/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments/User DD

"it worked" because I set the audio path to point to the following audio path.

file.php?id=43582

I tested this theory by deleting all AAD_Sample_Patches folder and AAD_Sounds_&_FX folders from the above file locations, and then loaded up EXS24, and tried to load from /Volumes/Seagate Ex HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments and once again, it says the same error message that we know about.

That's because you don't have an EXS file that is pointing to /Volumes/Seagate Ex HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments

You need to update the EXS file to point to that audio folder path.

Just to be clear, the EXS file must have the full path to the audio file, not just part of the path.

So, I am more confused now. You said "there's no such things as drive letters in OSX, so the EXS's must have been made with the Windows version of Logic." however Logic is only an Apple piece of software is it not? Moreover, the .exs files and wav audio files for another pack I purchased (sold as apple loops) also don't work where they should i.e /Volumes/Seagate Ex HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments /'user test'

Apple bought EMagic Logic which was originally a Windows application. Now that Apple owns it, it's a OSX only application.

Read about it here

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2002/07/01Apple-Acquires-Emagic/

so what now?! :/ seems broken

I know I've read on this site that some have said that once it finds the sample it updates the EXS file, it works for some but not for others.

I think this application that I'll be making available for free on the Apple App Store is going to help people like you working with EXS files.

Let's face it, we all like to move our samples around, like to a bigger external hard drive.

I'm also in the processing of testing a batch version of my application because I'm going to move all the GarageBand and Logic Sampler Instrument audio folders to my 4TB 7200rpm hard drive.

So if you'd like, post another EXS file and tell me that full path of where you want to point at and well do another test, this is just to show you what's going on which is, that audio path needs to be updated to a valid audio folder path so it can be loaded in the EXS24.

hey,

Well I know already if the file path is set to anything internal HDD related it works. So the goal is how to update all the files to point at the location that is the external HDD i.e

/Volumes/Seagate Ex HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments

Sigh, why is this so frustrating!

You are making an app to address this? You would have thought by now apple would have addressed this in an update? Like you said, we want samples and sound packs on bigger external HDD's. Seems very broken if it works for some and not for others

You are making an app to address this?

Yes.

This app was for me to debug and set properly EXS files, then I thought if I test it and it works, then just release it so others can use it.

Like I mentioned, I'm testing a batch version of this besides the one I'm going to release.

The batch version needed a different design since I'll be dropping multiple EXS files and multiple folders as well.

I should be submitting to the Apple App Store this Friday and then will let everyone know once it gets released by Apple.

For anyone following and reading this thread and having the same issues, I have somehow now resolved this issue.

What I did was this:

1) Relocated Apple music library onto a new SSD hd

2) Moved all the EXS files and Wav audio files into the newly created music library (Sampler instruments, within in a custom folder)

3) Re-indexed the apple loops

4) Opened the EXS files in ESX24 in logic

5) played each sample and located the file on the new SSD where applicable (some files it didn't ask, other times it asked to locate it) - select the file path on your external HD SSD> sampler instruments

job done!

Moving to the new SSD was the best decision I made! thank goodness