Why isn't my MP3's original Tempo being recognized?

jerrydpi

This afternoon I needed to make a Project that has 5 different Songs, all at different Tempo's.

I created a new Project with 5 audio tracks, and in the past when I've drug a mp3 to one of the tracks I would get a message asking if I wanted to import the original Tempo, and I would "say" yes.

But this time I didn't get that Message.

So I have to make the Tempo correct for the first Song, but when I do, now the Tempo of the second Song is wrong.

What did I do wrong?

Yes, that wasn't a solution for your issue, more of a general recommendation. If your file doesn't have tempo information embedded then you won't see the alert you mentioned.

Fair enough, but as I have always bounced my Projects in the exactly the same way (as a WAV first, and then as a MP3), every time I've drug a file onto a track of a Project (created to have multiple Songs, with the purpose of setting levels on each Song as close as possible), I have gotten the Tempo Message I alluded to, so why not this time?

If I had to guess, it's the Project I opened.

This time I opened LPX differently, and I chose creating a New Blank Project instead of using a Template that I call Jerry's New Song Template.

I'll see if that makes a difference, and if it does, I'll be curious as to why it works, and why the made from scratch Project doesn't.

Fair enough, but as I have always bounced my Projects in the exactly the same way (as a WAV first, and then as a MP3), every time I've drug a file onto a track of a Project (created to have multiple Songs, with the purpose of setting levels on each Song as close as possible), I have gotten the Tempo Message I alluded to, so why not this time?

I believe it asks only for the first audio file you're dragging, then it no longer asks as you drag more files.