Sustain Pedal not working

aviorrok
Go to solution Solved by aviorrok,

(When I press pedal the LCD on keyboard show 000)

Click the down arrow to the right in Logic's LCD display and choose "Custom". Where it says "No in" is a MIDI input monitor. Press the pedal. What does the monitor say?

Hi David,

When I press the pedal the LCD show 0 and change after 2 secs to No input, I also check if the automation recored form the pedal and it's show only 0 and 127 (I also tried to change the pedal toggle from Switch to Continues)

pedal-issue.thumb.png.7bf65463b2a8f99aebe1fcf564619934.png

Please do not use a 3rd party service for your images, instead attach all images right here: How to attach files to your post (I fixed that one for you).

It looks like the polarity of your pedal is inverted, there's probably a setting to toggle the polarity either on the pedal or the Oxygen?

I tried different pedal same results so I think the Keyboard inverted or maybe the Logic Pro

Try this:

1) Turn off the Oxygen. Make sure you're not touching the pedal and tun the Oxygen back on.

Does it work as expected: yes? Great. No? Go on to #2:

2) Turn off the Oxygen. Make sure you're holding the pedal down and while you're holding it down, turn the Oxygen back on.

Does it work as expected?

Does not work, the DAW not recognize the pedal until I enbale "By Pass All Control Surfaces"

• Solution
Does not work, the DAW not recognize the pedal until I enbale "By Pass All Control Surfaces"

Does this relate specifically to the last suggestion I gave you? I'm assuming this was true at the beginning of this thread??

No relate to your suggestion, but in your suggestion I turn off/on the keyboard so I the DAW not identify the keyboard until I enable "By Pass All Control Surfaces"

Anyway, I fixed the problem by change the toggle from Contiurnes to Switch on pedal.

Thank you for awesome support!

• 1 year later...
Hi David, the above discussion has been very useful for solving some issues I was having. I have the exact same hardware as aviorrok but I have an additional weird problem. I am now able to control all keys with the pedal as expected EXCEPT for the keys C3, E3, G3 and Bb3, so a Cmaj7 for just one octave, which seems to always be sustained, no matter what I do with the pedal. Any help would be really appreciated

Hi David, the above discussion has been very useful for solving some issues I was having. I have the exact same hardware as aviorrok but I have an additional weird problem. I am now able to control all keys with the pedal as expected EXCEPT for the keys C3, E3, G3 and Bb3, so a Cmaj7 for just one octave, which seems to always be sustained, no matter what I do with the pedal. Any help would be really appreciated

Does this happen no matter the instrument you're trying to play? If you can repeat this with a Logic instrument such as an electric piano, make a short recording demonstrating this issue and attach it here? How to attach files to your post