Alchemy: Velocity Sensitivity

Christopher11
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Can you tell me please how to make an Alchemy patch more velocity sensitive? I've figured this out for ES2, ES1, and many others, but haven't quite yet on this one. In this case I'm modifying a patch Keys: Outer Lands Synth. I tried playing with the Modulation section, middle left, but up till now no dice.

Thank you for any replies.

• Solution
Can you tell me please how to make an Alchemy patch more velocity sensitive? I've figured this out for ES2, ES1, and many others, but haven't quite yet on this one. In this case I'm modifying a patch Keys: Outer Lands Synth.

If needed, click the Master Vol knob (toward the top right in Advanced view) to see the Master Vol modulation sources.

Then raise the Depth knob next to the Velocity modulation:

velocity-sensitivity.png.99fe581976c8674e9c75106799723d61.png

• 3 months later...

David, thank you so much for this excellent advice. I clicked the main volume knob in Advanced view, and found the parameters over to the left you kindly pictured. However, mine does not have velocity as an option! Frustrating. If it did, I could adjust the depth as you suggested. What should I do to get velocity as an option? Thank you.

Can you tell me please how to make an Alchemy patch more velocity sensitive? I've figured this out for ES2, ES1, and many others, but haven't quite yet on this one. In this case I'm modifying a patch Keys: Outer Lands Synth.

If needed, click the Master Vol knob (toward the top right in Advanced view) to see the Master Vol modulation sources.

Then raise the Depth knob next to the Velocity modulation:

velocity-sensitivity.png

Alchemy lets you have ten modulation sources for any target, add Velocity and set depth as you see fit. The modulation rack should always have an empty slot at the bottom. See the picture below, two slots are in use and one is empty. In this example, velocity has already been assigned as a source. Once you use that empty slot, a new empty slot is created unless all ten slots have been used.

IN_S1233_AdvGlobModulation.png

I love this newfound ability to map velocity to volume. Tell me please, is there a way I can set alchemy to respond to aftertouch or ribbon controller from my Korg M3? I would probably map it to filter cutoff, and similar.

With the previous, I could click on master volume as you suggested and call up those modulation sources, and set my target. is it 'FX Main' for this? It seems to bring up something similar when I click that... but I'm not sure how to make 'Control 1' a filter parameter, and then set that to respond to aftertouch.

Thank you again David and all who helped for any reply.

I love this newfound ability to map velocity to volume. Tell me please, is there a way I can set alchemy to respond to aftertouch or ribbon controller from my Korg M3? I would probably map it to filter cutoff, and similar.

Yes there is but since it's a new topic and this thread is now marked as solved you'd be better off starting a new topic for this new question. Thanks!