Logic Pro X 10.4.8 is out

ted_manzie

On the App store - all it says so far is 'contains stability improvements and bug fixes' :D

New in Logic Pro X 10.4.8:

• All Mixer buttons and controls now reliably remain visible after recalling a screen set on macOS Catalina.

• Logic no longer quits unexpectedly when Undo is performed after a short audio recording or when recording in the Adapt Smart Tempo mode.

• Smart Controls now work as expected on Mac computers that don't support Metal.

I notice that all of the signatures in this thread so far list v10.4.4. Have we all been not taking the plunge?

10.4.5 here and so far so good.

All the other updates were like "meh... not even gonna bother"

The way I feel about Apple and Logic is like "Here's a Ferrari... but one of the doors is still from a Ford, the seats were from an old theater and we could only paint half of the car... but you can still go from A to B, right?"

updating now (there's a final cut update too)... to go with the official update to os 10.15.2 today.

Well, well, I was not too far off a couple of days ago when I predicted Apple would update its Pro Apps on the Mac Pro launch!! Not quite what I was hoping for(LPX10.5) but still…

Anybody tested if they fixed the Go To shortcut bug where you need to press Enter twice instead of once when you recall the key command? They usually mess this one up every couple of updates and fix it on the next.

Blink

10.4.5-6-7 have all been crashing on me like mad. In, like, seconds. While, say, clicking on stuff. Meanwhile - 10.4.4 - stable. Rock solid.

Same, tried them all and will try 10.4.8 but I bet I’m back on 10.4.4 after 10 mins.

This sounds like something else might be a miss.... I have not had a Logic crash for along time.

10.4.5-6-7 have all been crashing on me like mad. In, like, seconds. While, say, clicking on stuff. Meanwhile - 10.4.4 - stable. Rock solid.

There was definitely some fundamental internal changes between 10.4.4 and the "performance" update of 10.4.5.

The main crashing problem I've experienced is in the pref files, so while you've likely already tried this, if not - trash your prefs and let 10.4.5 create a new set of prefs from scratch...

I need to update my dog

Interesting. Do you do that through the yap store?

Haha. I am perplexed as to how “I need to update my sig” turned into dog lol. I don’t have a dog. We have a turtle and two cats. Disclaimer. I didn’t want one cat, family came home with two. They are ok. Sort of. Mmm

Yap!

Well it was at the point I wrote it, hence the 'so far' :)

touché

The only reason I'm really interested in it is having more than two destinations for midi sync. If I have it set to 'all' I'm getting a loop somewhere and a the clock on a couple of my devices run rampant. But since I can't get Automap to work with anything 10.4.4 I'm sticking with it.