Track stacks not muting, tried everything

Jordo

Hi everyone. I'm at an album record session now and we have wasted a ridiculous amount of time trying to solve this problem.

I make a track stack of my guitar mics. Sometimes it works fine. Other times the stack does not let me mute it (unless I mute the tracks inside of it individually.)

I have obsessively checked all of the buses and where everything is going in and out. I can not find a logical reason for this problem. I have also googled this problem and nothing I found online has helped.

SOMETIMES restarting Logic has fixed it, but then it just happens again. Sometimes it doesn't help. I can't find any consistency.

If anyone can make sense of this, I appreciate it.

Quick tip: when the clock is ticking, don't be picky! Does it work if you mute the individual tracks? Then just do it and move on. Don't create stress where there's none. Muting 100 tracks is as easy as clicking the first track, clicking Shift and clicking the last track. All selected? Hit mute. Simple ;)

Is this how it's supposed to work? No. But does it work and solve the problem and you are not stressing out over it? Yes. Then just do it.

Back to your issue: if that doesn't work, try another project and see if that happens as well. Sometimes Logic likes to act weird on some projects. If that's definitely a bug, maybe it's the version you're using, maybe it's the application itself, etc. If you can't figure out what it is, try to upgrade.

If it still doesn't solve the problem: send the output of the track stack to another bus. Create a track to that bus. See if the mute works on that bus. If so, start using that workaround ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...