bounced mix problems with frozen tracks

tyrebo

Intermittently, but regularly, I have frozen tracks simply not present at all in an off line bounced mix. Sometimes I can simply immediately repeat the bounce, and there they are, sometimes I need to unfreeze them to get a proper bounce. Additionally, sometimes the levels of frozen tracks will be totally out of whack, again, a rebounce or unfreeze, or restart, will bet me an accurate bounce. This has been going on for many versions, 2 computers, and OS updates. Only recently lost my patience with it and decided to ask here if anyone else has experienced this or know anything about it.

Actually while I'm at it, is there a significant difference between bounce in place and freezing, other than the options available with bounce in place?

Thank you, T

Freezing is not available for multi-output software instruments.

Bounce-in-Place differs from the Freeze function :

• Both save CPU power by rendering all effects (or instrument) plug-ins of a track.
  • Freeze allows you to return to the original state of the tracks and their automation data, unlike Bounce-in-Place.
  • Freeze (in 32 Bit Float) safeguards against volume clipping.

Without knowing the size of the project or its constituents, its hard to figure out where the problem could be. One possibility might be a corrupted template. Another one might be insufficient memory glitch. Another one, simply a bug, although I didn't see that yet...

Multi-outputs plugins are essentially those that outputs to more than one channelstrip. Ultrabeat and EXS24 are two stock plugins that feature such versions.