Has Anyone Installed Bravura Font from GitHub for 10.1+ Score Editor?

TheUncannyValley

...my question is not how to install the Bravura font, that's easy.

But what the hell does one do with the files provided by GitHub? There's a downloadable file named "Bravura Font Family.pkgproj"...but my system has no way to open ".pkgproj" files.

I tried opening with it Pacifist, no luck. I tried renaming the extension to ".pkg", it adopts the correct icon, but the system installer doesn't recognize the file.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

...my question is not how to install the Bravura font, that's easy.

But what the hell does one do with the files provided by GitHub? There's a downloadable file named "Bravura Font Family.pkgproj"...but my system has no way to open ".pkgproj" files.(...)

I think, the answer is given on github at

https://github.com/steinbergmedia/bravura/tree/master/installers/mac

A pkgproj-file is an installer script. You can try to use it or install the font manually.

Quote from github:

"Packages installer project

This is a simple OS X installer script to install Bravura and Bravura Text, which:

Installs the OpenType versions of Bravura and Bravura Text into the system font folder (/Library/Fonts).

Installs the font-specific JSON metadata files into /Library/Application Support/SMuFL/Fonts/Bravura/

Installs the OFL license, OFL FAQ, font log, and documentation for Bravura Text into the same folder.

This project can be modified to install other SMuFL-compliant fonts.

Packages is free to use for commercial and non-commercial purposes."

Thank you volovicg & logicben for replying.

@volovicg, that link led me to the solution. I installed the app Packages, created an installer and it worked. I'm very happy, Bravura is very close to the Schirmer editions I grew up studying through 12 years of piano lessons and something about its look is very comforting.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time in as many years you've helped me with a score editor question. If we ever cross paths, I owe you a beer, or any other drink you might be craving.

Happy holidays to both of you.

• 4 months later...