Automatic Double Tracking

jakeg70888

I'm trying to setup in logic an automatic double tracking effect on a vocal without having to buy waves' Reel ADT. I feel like there's a way to do it easily, but I'm not quite there. Using flex speed is way too dramatic. Any slowing of my voice automatically drops it like 3 octaves. Would I just need to adjust the project tempo with the vocal in a new project then bounce that file and insert it back into my project? I had some success that way, but it was kind of cumbersome. Is there an easier way that I'm overlooking? If not, I'll probably stick to this because I want the speed effect, but the saturation of a different plugin from waves'.

With flex tempo (not speed) it shouldn’t change the pitch at all if you don’t choose flex pitch. But for double tracking you can use a sample delay to make it offset a few ms and avoid changing speed at all. And if you want pitch variations you can use a pitch shift or even flex pitch but just use to ‘tune’ one of them very slightly. Either way, I think it might work better to treat tempo variation and pitch separately.