Why doesn't imported MusicXML sound as good as it should

Palimpsest9

Why does a tune sound different when imported as MusicXML compared to when imported as midi? With midi, everything sounds right, just as it's notated. But with XML, some symbols aren't heard correctly. Staccatos are seen notated in the score view, but they the software doesn't play them as staccatos. And there also some symbols (for instance all trills are missing) and sometimes notes missing? (Logic Pro 10.4.8)

No, that's "Import Final Cut Pro XML". That's different from the option "Import MusicXML".

Apple featured this option probably just so they can boast about MusicXML support, although Logic doesn't really understand MusicXML. It's utmost dishonesty, their strategy to trick customers into buying Logic, by lying to them that Logic supports MusicXML!

Well I don't know if that's unreasonable to expect Logic to include all notes. (Although the missing notes always seem to be in a rather high pitch.) Also, since Logic clearlly positively imports all staccato articulations, is it unreaonable to expect them to also be played back by Logic? None of them are played back currently.

Perhaps the MusicXML's format differs between the source and the one implemented in Logic...

Certain Logic plugins presets will playback only within a limited register...

Articulations are implemented in different manners in different DAW. In Logic, for instance, those have to be preprogrammed and enabled in a dedicated preset.

Although frustration will inspire understandable user's anger, strong accusations will elicit reasonable questioning to their readers...

Well I don't know if that's unreasonable to expect Logic to include all notes. (Although the missing notes always seem to be in a rather high pitch.)

Is it possible that the missing notes are outside of the instrument's tessitura/range/register? Some plug-ins recreating real instrument sounds contain only note pitches corresponding to the real instrument's pitch range.

Perhaps the MusicXML's format differs between the source and the one implemented in Logic...

Certain Logic plugins presets will playback only within a limited register...

Articulations are implemented in different manners in different DAW. In Logic, for instance, those have to be preprogrammed and enabled in a dedicated preset..

Logic Pro leaves out some high notes and imports others which are equally high or higher.

All articulations added by me are clearly heard. But that's not the case for XML-imported articulations. Whoever is in charge of implementing the musicXML feature must be a very lazy and negligent person. And if that's not enough, using the pointer icon to change a pitch in score view doesn't even tell you the right pitch. (For instance, when I drag note "c" to note "f", the pop-up box incorrectly says "f sharp".) With MIDI instead of musicXML, I have to keep switching back and forth between Logic and the original music.