Bounce in place per region

3ple

I use the bounce in place a lot and I find the process a bit tedious when I have different regions, but they all belong to the same track

What do you guys think of Logic coming with an extra feature for that? Here's what I came up with as a suggestion that I will be sending to Apple:

menu.png.a3c0d4ef646a6d422b773f891f2b3317.png

So this:

original-midi.png.608f9535c45d5466aac66e6348e09c83.png

Would either become this:

option-merge-regions.png.521a0ba4676c415af8984dee51e62429.png

Or this:

option-bounce-individual.png.82e65d697f6a0b29a9e57b35aa4a8797.png

I think that's awesome. For clarity for your feature suggestion I would send only menu.png, midi.png, and bounce-individual.png however on bounce-individual.png your MIDI regions should still be separated.

Yes, I was using a project I'm working on and fixed on one image and not on the other :P

When I suggest anything I always point them out to the post here on the forum, because sometimes there's more information and images. When you send them feedback, you can't attach images so if I'm sending them a link to an image, might as well just send them to the post link, after I kinda introduce the feature/bug, of course ;)

I'm working on new images to update the original post. Thanks for pointing that out!

I bounce in place and then remove the silence in the file editor.

There's always a workaround, sure, but here's the issue: let's say you have a 10min song and you have 5 regions you want to bounce, including 1 of them in the beginning and one at the end.

The way you do it, it will create a 10min audio file that's taking up space, not to mention the extra time you need to edit it.

Having a menu item with that option would just make everything easier and faster :)

I use the bounce in place a lot and I find the process a bit tedious when I have different regions, but they all belong to the same track

What do you guys think of Logic coming with an extra feature for that? Here's what I came up with as a suggestion that I will be sending to Apple:

menu.png

So this:

original-midi.png

Would either become this:

option-merge-regions.png

Or this:

option-bounce-individual.png

I 100% love this idea. Many times I wish I could bounce several regions at once without creating regions with swaths of dead space.

I bounce in place and then remove the silence in the file editor.

There's always a workaround, sure, but here's the issue: let's say you have a 10min song and you have 5 regions you want to bounce, including 1 of them in the beginning and one at the end.

The way you do it, it will create a 10min audio file that's taking up space, not to mention the extra time you need to edit it.

Having a menu item with that option would just make everything easier and faster :)

Oh, I agree completely. Just last night I bounced regions for a 27 minute long song and wished for this very feature.

I 100% love this idea. Many times I wish I could bounce several regions at once without creating regions with swaths of dead space.

:) yes, it would be great to just do it once. Especially now that Logic 10.4.5 doesn't default to that option where it bounces to the same track. It defaults to New Track (I need to report this, because it wastes so much time).

If you haven't done it yet, please send them your feedback and you can even send them the link to this post on the forum as well ;)

Thanks!

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Oh, I agree completely. Just last night I bounced regions for a 27 minute long song and wished for this very feature.

Yeah, it's such a waste of time. Today I finally started messing with the Remove Silence From Region (Strip Silence feature) and it works great so it saves time. I just need to spend some time testing the different options, but it can also save some time, if you haven't tried it yet.

Please send them your feedback and you can even send them the link to this post on the forum as well ;)

Thanks!

I'd like to make a brief reference to the current rendering functions in Cubase, which offer fantastic possibilities. Tracks, parts (regions) or multiple selections can be mixed individually or together, as one large region or single regions and so on, very well solved. There are a few things that could be integrated into Logic: https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v10/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/rendering_to_audio/rendering_to_audio_render_tracks_r.html

However, Apple should also first solve the fatal time shifts when bouncing in place, especially when working with latency intensive and automated regions, see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=145627

I'd like to make a brief reference to the current rendering functions in Cubase, which offer fantastic possibilities. Tracks, parts (regions) or multiple selections can be mixed individually or together, as one large region or single regions and so on, very well solved. There are a few things that could be integrated into Logic: https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v10/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/rendering_to_audio/rendering_to_audio_render_tracks_r.html

However, Apple should also first solve the fatal time shifts when bouncing in place, especially when working with latency intensive and automated regions, see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=145627

Please send your feedback to Apple so they can see that this is a feature we need, but also all the other bugs you mention on that other thread ;)

Thanks!