Duplicating length of Region and notes contained within region, from within the Piano Roll?

esaruoho
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I'm editing a 1 bar loop in the Piano Roll. The Midi Region is looping in the Arranger.

What would be the keyboard shortcut for making an identical copy of the 1 bar loop, so that this Midi Region that already has looping enabled, changes from a 1 bar loop into a 2 bar loop, duplicating the current content?

Or is there some way of doubling and halving the Midi Region length from within the Piano Roll?

The old method of just modifier-clicking a looping region, and moving it behind the original region, selecting both of the regions, switching the cursor to Glue and clicking on the selection, does not result in the required result.

I now have to make a copy, have both Regions be selected, turn Looping off, then switch to Glue, and click on the regions to glue them together, THEN enable looping. Feels pretty topsy-turvy to me, especially compared to how Logic Audio Platinum 5.5.1 used to work.

Or is there some setting that stops the gluing of loopin regions from creating full-song-length loops?

Ideally, I'd love to just press CMD-D in the Piano Roll and the region would double in length and the original region's length of notes would be copied to the new length (1 bar of looping melodies becomes 2 bars of looping melodies, with 1 repeat of the looping melody from the 1st bar).

Am I just not grokking how this is done, or..?

Using the mouse to drag a region length also does not seem to have any snapping, if it snapped immediately to "2 bars" then that'd be great, I could just drag the notes, but instead it is pretty finicky.

This does not seem to be available in the Piano Roll window

Sure it is!

repeat-piano-roll.png

Wow! Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. My CMD-R was not wired to Repeat-Once, but I'll set something there.

Thanks again!

Ok, it's now mapped to CMD-R. I might try and map it to CMD-D (D for Duplicate).

Thanks also for the screenshot. I have not gotten a "this is how you do it" response to this from anywhere, esp not from LPX FB groups.