Alesis Q49 Data Entry Assignment

luiquemelo

Hello, guys! Thank you for your attention!

I've tried both tutorials but still with no success. Logic Pro recognizes the MIDI Value of my slider but the parameter doesn't follow the slider. I don't know what's happening.

Does anybody with Alesis Q49 have successfully made the slider work?

Hello, David!

I've followed all the steps.

At the part "Assign an External MIDI Controller Knob to the Smart Control" the assignment receives the message from my Q49 slider, but it doesn't move the parameter as expected. I don't think my slider is with problems because Logic receives the message from it.

At the part "Assign an External MIDI Controller Knob to the Smart Control" the assignment receives the message from my Q49 slider, but it doesn't move the parameter as expected. I don't think my slider is with problems because Logic receives the message from it.

Does it move the Smart Control knob?

No :(

Using Smart Control, one need to do both assignment: the controller and the parameter.

• 1-Assign/learn the fader/knob from the controller, which gets detected by Logic that you can see
    2-Assign the target plugin parameter(s) you wish to actuate with that fader/knob you assigned in step 1

If that doesn't work, perhaps you could pay a visit in the Controller Setup window to ensure that no unwanted controller had been unduely installed. That happen sometimes, as Logic usually detect and automatically a controller in there, which may cause issues with other intended installation(s).

Also worth checking if your controller is(n't) enabled in the Control Surface / MIDI Controllers prefs...