Passed 10.4 Certification but found possible Logic bugs?

TheBigV

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, but I have been reading the great advice and comments from this board over the past few years to help in my journey in learning Logic. I just took the Logic Pro X 10.4 certification exam and passed with a 96%! I'm really excited about it, and have to say thanks to David Nahmani for writing an excellent book to assist with the studying. It was well put together and structured. As an active Logic Pro X user for over 5 years, there were lots of tips and tricks I discovered while studying, as well new ways to understand concepts I thought I had understood.

I'm not sure if the following topics have been addressed in previous posts,but as I was going through the book, I found some key commands/functions just did not work as written in the book. Could it be that they are bugs in Logic? I am currently running version 10.4.8:

1) Key commands that include all modifiers (^ Ctrl + ⌥ Opt + ⌘ Cmd) don't work:

I swear these key commands worked in earlier versions of Logic, but every time i try to execute a key command that uses all 3 modifier keys, like Solo all on/off (^ Ctrl + ⌥ Opt + ⌘ Cmd + S), hide toolbar (^ Ctrl + ⌥ Opt + ⌘ Cmd + T), etc. nothing happens. It's been pretty frustrating, because these are some really convenient key commands. I know you can go define your own key commands, but I prefer to stick to the default key commands at this point. Also, in case I ever want to define my own key commands using all 3 modifiers, it looks like I'm out of luck :/

2) In the mixer, double-clicking the Bus Send does not highlight the corresponding Aux channel:

Again, very useful trick to help navigate large projects. I swore this work in a previous version of Logic as well.

3) Opt-click a marker to position the playhead at the beginning of that marker does not seem to work:

Nothing happens other than selecting the marker

4) Latch mode in Automation reverts back to default position when playback is stopped; automation does not stay at the value you last were at prior to stopping:

This just basically makes the automation mode kind of act like Touch?

Has anyone else encountered these issues? Or know if they are bugs?

Thanks for any comments!

First my congratulations on passing your Apple Certification test! :)

1) This works as expected here although I do remember another user reporting this issue before.

2) Now you have to Shift-click the bus send.

3) This works as expected here.

4) That's the expected behavior when there's automation present on the track. Latch still behaves differently from Touch when you let go of the fader/knob during playback.

Do you happen to use a Logitech mouse or keyboard?

I had to stop using their "Logitech Options" software a few months ago for a similar problem with key commands, certain multiple modifier key combinations not working.

I try their updates from time to time but usually have to remove "Options" due to serious bugs. Have not tried the latest version, but have found "Steermouse" is a wonderful mouse driver alternative.

Dave - Thanks! Appreciate the responses.

Mark R - Thanks for your responses, as well! I do have a Logitech Mouse and I uninstalled Logitech Options. Bingo! You were right. All of the key commands I mentioned work now. This is great!! Thanks again.

Glad to help Big fella!

It's a bit insidious that Logitech Options now screws up key commands that use multiple modifiers. I think I noticed this bug almost a year ago and they take a long - long time fixing OS X bugs. It's a shame because I did like to use their gesture feature on my expensive Logitech multi-button mouse. Do you know if you were using the latest version of Options?

I think I was using the latest version of Logic Option, because i know the program repeatedly alerts me to update until I do so. I hadn't seen the notice in a long time. I hear you...I'm bummed as well, cause I have a Logitech MX Master 2S and it would be nice to have that program to customize. Nice recommendation on "Steermouse"-- I'll have to check it out. Thanks!