Logic keeps copying files

3ple

This project I'm working on is probably super corrupted, because it's been acting weird in a lot of areas, but this is not the first time that this happens with other projects:

I save a project, it shows "copying files xyz". Then I keep working, just doing some volume adjustments for example and when I hit save again, it shows me the same window that it's copying audio files. This is happening over and over again... so annoying...

Anyone knows why this happens? I mean, those audio files are already inside the Audio Files folder, why is Logic copying them over and over again?

I save a project, it shows "copying files xyz". Then I keep working, just doing some volume adjustments for example and when I hit save again, it shows me the same window that it's copying audio files. This is happening over and over again... so annoying...

Try saving the project before you do anything, at least recording wise. See if it still happens.

try saving as a package? i so prefer that; simple. everything in one file. and great for organizing, archiving. if i truly need access to an audio file, i can copy it out of the package file. IF. (i've done a couple of times in a decade). worth trying, at least...

I tried that approach before and went back to the folder option. Not a big fan of the package.

But still, why would this happen anyway? It's a bit weird...

Try saving the project before you do anything, at least recording wise. See if it still happens.

My issue is that I hit save, let's call it "project 1.logicx", then I work a little bit more and when I hit save again so I can save the new changes, it shows "copying file xyz" and does that to dozens of audio files, over and over again...

And this happens, even if I'm not recording anything. Sometimes I'm just moving regions, changing volumes, etc.

try saving as a package? i so prefer that; simple. everything in one file. and great for organizing, archiving. if i truly need access to an audio file, i can copy it out of the package file. IF. (i've done a couple of times in a decade). worth trying, at least...

I tried that approach before and went back to the folder option. Not a big fan of the package.

But still, why would this happen anyway? It's a bit weird...

ok, but can you at least try it? make sure to check "organize project as package" and "copy the following files... Audio files")? then mess with the project, hit save again. just to see if anything's different...