Drummer Skipping Random Bits

Thumbworn

Hello,

For some time I’ve been having an issue with midi drums that I built; occasionally during playback or when I mix down, certain beats will disappear. The beats that aren’t played are still visible in the piano roll and will play if I start playback at that section, however, if the song is started from another area, the same beat will fail to play. I have a section I’m fighting with currently that comes out of a drum fill and into 64th notes on the hi-hat and I cannot get all the hi-hat hits to play unless I start the playback right at that section. I assume it’s an issue with memory and have tried to adjust various preferences and other settings with no luck. I’ve searched the web and can’t find any sources where this same issue is mentioned. I’ve tried saving the drums to a separate file from the other audio tracks thinking with just the drummer track there wouldn’t be any other tracks to bog down the system but the same problem occurs. Has anyone encountered this same issue, and does anyone have any idea how to resolve it?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.