Logic Pro X slow to record

adamjhoward

Hi There

We are set up to record 12 input channels. Every couple of takes we seem to have an awkward delay when pressing record. The apple rainbow wheel will appear indicating there is a delay of some sort. This lasts a couple of seconds and then recording will begin.

We have lowered the buffer size to 128 but still seem to have this issue every couple of takes.

We recently upgraded to a super computer - see specs below.

Please advise as to why this may be happening and what the solution may be.

Thank you

Lot's - 800GB - this was happening on my 10 year old machine - we've just upgraded our computers - latest SSD drives etc....so I'm thinking Logic must be the problem? I have a blank template - open up 12 audio tracks to record audio - and 1 in every 4 times I go to record - the apple spinning ball of death happens for 5 secs or more and recording continues...

Lot's - 800GB - this was happening on my 10 year old machine - we've just upgraded our computers - latest SSD drives etc....so I'm thinking Logic must be the problem? I have a blank template - open up 12 audio tracks to record audio - and 1 in every 4 times I go to record - the apple spinning ball of death happens for 5 secs or more and recording continues...

There's probably an app in the background doing this.

Make sure no automatic updates or backup are enabled. Don't have Chrome open, or dropbox.

I assume the hard drives you're using are formatted in Mac OSX Extended or APFS if it's the internal drive.

Put the CPU and I/O meter as a floating window to see if something peaks when this happens.