Unselect regions on track selection

3ple

Anyone here feels that Logic is missing this option to prevent accidents?

It happened to me a few times, actually. Sometimes the "Select Regions on track selection" is helpful, but you can achieve that by pressing ALT/Option while clicking the track.

I never used the "Select track on region selection" and can't even think of how it can even be useful, to be honest

But "Unselect regions on track selection" seems to be something I would set as my preference and then use the Alt/Option "shortcut" if I wanted to select all regions on one track.

Even if they didn't include the option, I think it could be the default setting if "Select Regions on track selection" is not selected.

Or the option for "track selection" could be a dropdown menu, so we could only pick "Select Regions on track selection" or "Unselect regions on track selection" and still pick "Select track on region selection".

What do you guys think? I'm gonna send them this suggestion

Suggestion by @fuzzfilth

"Make a dropdown menu with:

Select Regions On Track Selection

Unselect Regions On Track Selection

Keep Selection Of Regions On Track Selection"

unselect-regions-on-track-selection.png.f8fd803d959d317648fa7d4d3e7f754d.png

If anything, that can't be two checkboxes as they contradict each other and we know Logic users are keen on doing things defying logic. Make that a radio butto with three states Select.../Unselect.../Keep Selection Of ... ...Regions On Track Selection

yes I was thinking about that conflict too, after I created the image and that's when the dropdown menu came to mind. The radio button could be an option too.

3 options could be a good way of presenting it. Good one ;) Everyone would be happy haha

If anything, that can't be two checkboxes as they contradict each other and we know Logic users are keen on doing things defying logic. Make that a radio butto with three states Select.../Unselect.../Keep Selection Of ... ...Regions On Track Selection

just updated my post with your suggestion, since I always send Apple my feedback pointing to posts here on the forum for more detailed info...