Region Automation Records to Wrong Region

redgreenblue

I was working on a mix today and no matter what I did I could not get the region automation I was writing (via Latch) to show up in the region/track that was selected. It turns out the automation data was going to muted regions that were on a track (same audio track in the mixer but different track in the main window) that was hidden, turned off and the regions were muted. For the life of me I could not get the automation to go to the correct regions, I reordered them in the mixer but it was still being written in the wrong place. Before you ask, yes I'm positive I had region automation selected and there is no track automation on this. Has any else had this issue and is there a fix for it other than deleting the regions and that track from the main window? (I had to delete all of the unused tracks for that channel for it to write to the correct region) There are times I prefer to have multiple versions of the same track in the main window.