Assigning Mute Controls

metes57

Hi: I'm trying to use an Akai MPK mini's pads to control the mute buttons for individual tracks. When I assign the mute button for track #1 it maps it to the mute button for the stereo out strip. I have another controller that "sometimes" maps functions I choose, but then only mutes the last channel I mapped, no matter what controller button I have mapped to individual tracks. I want to be able to press a button on a controller and have it mute or unmute a track, and to be able to press another controller button and have it mute or unmute a different track. Surely this must be possible in Logic? Thanks!!

Hi: I used expert view to make my assignments. I set the Channel Strip to "Fader Bank" instead of the default "Selected Track" but to no avail. When set to "fader Bank" the mute operation quits working via the controller.

I did download the Akai software but it doesn't seem to work. I tried it on my old computer a couple of years ago, but despite registering it etc, it never did function.

I have tried using my other controllers but I still get the same results. All of my controllers work well with Mainstage. I'm using a new 15" MacBook Pro, 16 GB, Mojave 10.14.6, Logic 10.4.8. My controllers are, Behringer FCB1010, Akai APC mini(I know it is designed for Ableton, but it works with Mainstage) and the Akai MPK mini. I've looked at all the various MIDI setting windows and tried a variety of different settings, but nothing works as I need it to. Any clues? Thanks!!!