change curve height of a tie?

Antaren

I don't see an option to change the curve height of a tie. I'm not seeing it if I make the note an independent note. Nor am I seeing an option in the extended layout parameters in the score editor. 2126208198_ScreenShot2020-01-27at1_59_48PM.png.880212b1c2a7b3f46e1df3fd8cb3331a.png

I thought the Vertical Position might be the way, but I'm not seeing a change in the tie's height, even if I go to negative values.

Am I not seeing something that is available to us in Logic?

Thanks.

If you want to visually change the height of the arc of the tie... that is a different matter.

Frances, this is indeed what I want to do. Thank you for taking the time to figure this out. I will wait and see if there are other options. If not, either I will proceed to implement your instructions or live with the tie the way it is.

Volovicg. Yes, it is my desire to work with a tie. Like in your example, I can move the vertical & horizontal position. I didn't write clearly. I can see the tie moving when I change the vertical and horizontal numbers, but I was looking for a way to flatten the curve. I'm working on a SATB choral arrangement. In a few of the measures, three of the parts have lots of words and shorter duration notes, however the bass part has only one word, and one held note that goes into another bar. I was looking to flatten the curve. Other shorter ties, like the one in your example, looks fine the way it is. I will just leave it the way it is. Thanks to you and to Frances.

Volovicg--Here's a screenshot. What I did, was change up the staff layout a bit and made some more room between the alto and tenor parts. It's still looks crowded, but I can live with it. And looking at it this morning, I can bring up the crescendo a bit more. I don't think it's worth taking the time to try re-creating Frances' creative out-of-the-box solution.1295791601_ScreenShot2020-01-28at8_10_33AM.png.c48ac2015630fee33e4e68437e82d81d.png

Thanks.

you might want to consider an automatic slur in place of a tie...... as you can in fact control the curvature distance..... see below

Volovicg, I could do this after I'm finished working on the score, but not while I need to listen to it while doing the arrangement. Instead of hearing a tied note (one note), I'd be hearing a whole note then another note. Could work. Thanks for the suggestion.