Channel-strips (plugins) changing tracks randomly

Simonobom

I have had an awful bug for about half a year now and I feel like I've tried everything. It’s a real hell.

Suddenly random (think it's random) tracks/busses in my project change channel strip with each other. So everything is swirled around. My synth track suddenly have the Battery plugin from my drum track + it’s fx etc, but still the synths original midi-arrangement. So the arrangement stays the same but most of the plugins change place at random. It’s a nightmare with layers if there’s a lot in different octaves, you could imagine. When the bug happens I can't undo anything so I always have to make a new project and import everything. The metronome always stops working when this happens and I not able to turn up the volume in metronome settings, guess its because it's removed from its original place in the Environment.

I did a post about this on Reddit and someone said it could be the key commands "Next channel strip setting on focused track" and "Previous channel strip setting on focused track". When I removed these it actually didn't happen for a couple of weeks, but then it suddenly came back a few months ago. And those key command is still not assigned to anything.

I'm on Mojave and the latest Logic version. I reinstalled Logic this week, I've cleared my cache still the same.

I mean my channel strips overall, like the list of plugins suddenly just change track with another one. I use Performance channelstrip settings.
Performance channelstrip could be triggered to change when receiving a Program Change. Perhaps those PC are occurring inadvertently (from an external source or within Logic or via a MIDI loop).

What do you mean by patches?
Term confusion: my mistake... .

Performance channelstrip could be triggered to change when receiving a Program Change. Perhaps those PC are occurring inadvertently (from an external source or within Logic or via a MIDI loop).

Hmm okey!! How can I debug this? Would it help to remove my midi-instruments from Macs Midi studio and the Midi inputs in Logics settings?

That could be a good start...

Providing a more detailed of your setup (hardware and software) could also be useful.

I got the bug this week in a session, early so the project only had 12 tracks, and I used the following plugins:

- Omnisphere

- Logic Transposer

- The rest is audio without any processing

I used a summing folder for some guitar take. Could it be the summing folder?

Specs:

MacBook Pro 15" 2018

2,9 GHz Intel Core i9

32g ram

Mojave 10.14.6

Logic 10.4.8

If you don't have any connected MIDI controller or hardware synth/device, the possible Program Change message must be recorded somewhere on one of the (software instrument / MIDI) track... Look for them by scrutinizing your regions via the Event List editor; disabling the notes and the CC display would ease the hunt.