I am at my wits end with an Issue involving Audio "Skipping" in Logic Pro X

e.vmill2691

Hey everyone, I hope someone can help me here.

I am running the newest version of Logic Pro X and I am having an issue that has surpassed many reinstallations on my mac. I have had this issue where I would press play and the audio would continue playing, but it would skip parts of the audio as it moved forward. It would be playing and a kick would disappear for a few measures, a synth, a bunch of things at once. No matter what I do this continues to happen and it happens on every single project, even starting a new one. I don't know what to call it other than skipping. Any help on this would be very appreciated. If I need to add more info please let me know. I was on Catalina, but now I downgraded to mojave and still having the same exact issue. Thanks.

more info needed: you're on LX 10.4.8? and what version of mojave? & what mac; processor, ram. what's your audio interface? and does it happen if you play with that disconnected, ie thru the built-in audio on your mac?

also, are you starting your projects from a template? hard to troubleshoot without more information...

EDIT: last thought, for now: if you downgraded, am assuming you wiped your drive, installed mojave, then reinstalled everything; from a time machine backup? which might explain why the issue is still there (ie it's not the OS, but something else)...

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am on 10.4.8 LPX. Mojave 10.14.6. Macbook Pro Mid 2012 2.5 Ghz i5 8 gigs ram. No, these are older projects from my previous installation that was upgraded to catalina and then downgraded back. I fixed all the permissions with batchmod, reinstalled everything onto a fresh installation, and put all my samples, plugins, and everything back in place where all my projects open the right way. Just unfortunately the same issue is happening that happened prior with the sound skipping. It's the only issue I am having left after downgrading and putting a fresh install in. It's an older mac, but typically it runs everything well, so that doesn't seem to be the issue and wasn't the problem prior. I hope that info can help, thanks for trying to help!

Edit: No, There are no demo versions of plugins. That is a good thought though, I'll check to really make sure. It's just happening across the board on all tracks.

If none of the help provided before actually helps, then start listing every single 3rd party plug-in in the project. Or save a copy of the project, remove every single 3rd party plug-in and try to reproduce the issue. That's just one of the many troubleshooting steps you can take, depending on the result we can take many other steps until we find the culprit.