How can you see how much swing you've applied to a drum region?

nickmck
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Alright so I made a drum beat, applied some swing with the swing bar (under the strength bar that's at 100) but when I highlight the notes the swing bar doesn't change at all to represent what I swung the drums to, the swing bar remains at 0. I think it was about 84. Regardless, I didn't use any of the swing A-F quantize options. The only reason this all matters is because I've already recorded my bass to whatever swing I had it set to and when I went to add in some fills I started to realize that the new notes weren't being swung which got me thinking, "how can I get these new notes to match whatever swing I set it to before?" Obviously the problem now is that I have no idea! When I select individual notes that I originally swung or all of them that I swung the swing meter still remains at 0. Does anyone know what I can do? I'm afraid to start quantizing the swing to one of the A-F options because I don't wanna lose the groove and pocket I already have.

2111236384_ScreenShot2020-02-24at8_37_56PM.thumb.png.549c812a80fa5bda203b0b895e13e17f.png

Not every motes gets affected by the swing factor. Usually, downbeat notes wont get swung.

If you had applied MIDI parameter permanently, IIRW, the various region parameters (such as quantization and swing) will be printed to the recorded note events and the values of the parameters will be reset to their default values (i.e. swing=zero).

Alternatively, using groove track could help syncing different tracks together.

Thank you both for two great answers.

Aside from manually sliding the swing bar back and forth with your mouse to a specific value, is there any way you can get it to be the exact number you want? For example, when I slide the swing bar back and forth it skips over some numerical values so is there any way I can double click on it or something to enter the swing value with my number keys?