Any solution to "CoreMidi" [Korg?] problems with LPX 10.4.8 and Catalina?

MikeRobinson

Even after launching Audio MIDI Setup ahead of time, anytime I now l launch LPX 10.4.8 in Catalina, I'm given this message:

Error initializing CoreMIDI. Warning: MIDI Services not available.

... and sure enough, "nothing MIDI works."

Since this situation is of course catastrophic, does anyone have a solution?

(Yes, the particular device in question is a Korg ...)

Even after launching Audio MIDI Setup ahead of time, anytime I now l launch LPX 10.4.8 in Catalina, I'm given this message:

Error initializing CoreMIDI. Warning: MIDI Services not available.

... and sure enough, "nothing MIDI works."

Since this situation is of course catastrophic, does anyone have a solution?

Here is a topic you might find interesting...

Now, I really do have a problem! I fired up Logic ... with nothing attached to the computer ... and got the "CoreMidi" error!

Prowling around Preferences / Control Surfaces / MIDI Controllers I see the old "KeyStation" controller that I no longer have, and see no reference to my new Korg. I do not see any way to get rid of it. I can click the "Auto" button on or off, but cannot remove the entry.

Meanwhile, under Preferences / MIDI / Inputs I see "Kross2 Keyboard" but no Keystation!

Prowling around still further, I found in Preferences / Audio / Devices the "output device" was still set to "Kross2 Keyboard" – yes, this keyboard has a built-in audio interface – even though the device was not connected. After changing this to "built-in audio," I restarted Logic and this time did not get the CoreMidi error but now I am gun-shy.

Does anyone have any notion of what might be causing this problem? (Geek that I am, I checked the system "Console" utility and found no logs. Which actually surprises me a great deal ...)

Hi Mike

Looks like your using the Korg Kross 2. There are no drivers available for Catalina .

See the Korg website for more info under support downloads. You need to remove the Korg audio-midi

and use system settings in Logic. Korg driver is 32 bit; Catalina now all 64 bit.

Hopes this helps, I was just passing by

Jean Michel

Not knowing your system of course, but I had MIDI drivers from like 1000 B.C. in my Mojave system, Korg and others, 32 bit, and wreaked similar havoc. I went to the library and manually took out anything and everything MIDI (manufacturer) related I don't need (and that were dated like 2007 etc) and got my issues cleared.