New 16-inch MBP and Speaker Pops

hmowday

I thought this issue had been addressed, but after dropping a "Substantial amount of Cash" on a top spec'd MBP I am quite horrified to have the speaker crackle/pop problem.

Firstly, let me say how impressed I am with the playback of the speaker in the notebook. Obviously, you're never going to mix on them, but they sound surprisingly "big" for laptop speakers. I assume there is some 'Smart-Skulldugary-Software 3D stuff" going on to make it appear so large! (Certainly is not natural but sound's cool)

When however playing back a Logic Session through the built in Output it was embarrassingly evident that the speakers crake and pop etc. Levels on Logic are fine with no "red-lining" just CRAZY pops especially when scrolling. My Sound Cards of choice are RME so hadn't noticed it before.

Latest OS too.

Anyone have a similar issue? Called up Apple, but they're not very helpful.....Run over the phone tests, reset P Ram etc....Made me boot in safe mode then was surprised when I told the guy that of course there's no pops now.....Safe mode doesn't load an audio driver!!

Anyway,....

Running fine here since a few days I've migrated to my new MBP 16", @retina resultions. Of course I don't use the built-in speakers a lot, but I did during the original tests after migration (when I was solving, and after I had solved, another issue), and didn't notice anything once my own issue had been solved, even when scrolling. It's no big help, but at least it tells you it's not a design flaw.

One thing to signal, is that I had my own audio issues at the begining, but that was related to improperly authorized plugins due to a migration glitch. As soon as I solved that, worked like a charm (just in case you'd wanna investigate in that direction).

Edited by Arnaud