Project end adding insane amount of time

ArizonaBeatMaker

Hello!

I'm having an issue with the project end adding tons of excess time. Even if drag the project end, or type the ending I want into the control panel, it will ignore it after a bit and go back to adding an endless amount of dead space to the point where I can barely even find the project end marker. It seems to do it automatically, usually when I'm cutting and pasting throughout the arrangement, if I'm dragging samples in. Perhaps it could be related to using Splice's drag and drop feature which I use sometimes but not always.

Anyway hope this makes sense and thanks in afance.

I haven't been able to figure out what's causing this and would love any suggestions cause it drives me crazy having to constantly move that project end back to reasonable point.

SOLVED: updating to the newest Logic X fixed this issue!!

Thank you triplets for the suggestion.

209214201_ScreenShot2020-02-25at3_49_28PM.thumb.png.76324569fbbfb3b18c9e7824f57918f3.png

475895057_ScreenShot2020-02-25at3_46_57PM.thumb.png.2f526fdbdaa5fdba42adfbdaf8fae1d5.png

Edited by ArizonaBeatMaker

always hated that; seems when i go in to record a part, the end is extended. i just keep track of where i want it (ie measure 71), then move the end marker back later. and repeat. until i'm finally done mixing...

EDIT: oh wait, just looked at your images larger, and... that's insane. see if there's any automation anywhere, perhaps that copies when you copy regions. that's a lot of extended ending; i usually get a dozen or so measures....

Ok this is interesting, it seems when I copy and past two separate parts, then paste it, then undo it, the value changes massively.

I tried replicating this but deleting rather than undoing, and the value stayed the same. It's the undo-ing of pasting more than one part that triggers it.

It doesn't happen when I only past one part then undo it.

Strange!

Included a screen shot of what happened.

810424583_ScreenShot2020-02-26at3_08_49PM.thumb.png.0020fcec7b83f68ce5d187498bbdf70a.png