Quarter note appears as tied eighth notes

Nathan123456789

Hi, I've got a song in 3/4 and some bars have 3 quarter notes. Logic is displaying the middle quarter note as 2 tied eighths. Anybody know how to correct this?

Related to this issue, I've got a 4/4 bass clef bar where there's a whole note F2, and in the same bar there's a half note F1. Logic is making the F2 2 half-notes tied together and I don't want it to look like that. Anyone able to help with this?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for that link. I sincerely appreciate your patience.

I attached the screenshot regarding the tied quarter notes appearing as eighth notes. 34655334_ScreenShot2020-03-30at3_03_03PM.png.3ba75f099d59a8d7506bc94a2e999c55.png

Since I was uploading my troubles. I've uploaded 2 additional screen shots. In the Piano Roll editor, the notes have been quantized to 1/8 Triplet. 1841867054_ScreenShot2020-03-30at2_43_09PM.png.b0793bf6d257762e219f5abb62a524d2.png But this isn't represented in the Score editor. 323875766_ScreenShot2020-03-30at2_42_51PM.png.c00546c5d76bc1ec9d8223269e9dbd62.png

Any ideas how to reconcile this?

Thanks again for your knowledge and patience.

In the top picture you mention about "tied quarter notes appearing as eighth notes". I see the tied quarter notes but I don't see them displayed as eight notes... I probably don't understand what you mean. In case you meant the other way around (tied eight notes to appear as quarter note), you could try forcing syncopation (either via the inspector or the Notes Attributes menu) on those tied eight notes...

For the two last pictures, you have to realize that although they interact with one another, the quantization settings in the Piano Roll and in the Score are independent from one another (to a certain extent).

I noticed that in your Piano roll capture, your triplet notes span over two beats, instead of one. If that is what you intended, I would try 1/4 triplets as a quantization in the piano roll, and 4,6 or 4,12 in the score quantization.

Additionally, since you have an odd time signature, I would modify it to 1+4/4 (instead of 5/4) and to maintain the 5/4 display, you could checkmark the "Hide signature" option.

Atlas you got it! Forcing syncopation made the tied eighth's into quarters. (Sorry I mistyped earlier.)

As far as the last 2 pictures, I did put it into 4/4 but I am still having issues. When I changed the Score editor's quantization to 4,12 those specific triplets were fixed, but other triplets I had later on where messed up. I need to play around with it some more and maybe try forcing the syncopation.

Regardless, thank you for you help.