TouchOSC MIDI Control Surface parameter feedback

boomboom888
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has used TouchOSC (with TouchOSC Bridge - as I'd like my layout to send MIDI CCs), for Control Surface assignments.

It's easy to assign a fader to CC7 and control volume for the selected track, but is it possible to send feedback from that fader back to TouchOSC (if one were to move the fader with the mouse for instance)?

The TouchOSC documentation seems to say yes, and TouchOSC Bridge has an output port. I just can't seem to enable the feedback in the control assignments.

Thanks!

• Solution

Hi,

I gave this a try can only get feedback when making assignments using the CoreMIDI (IDAM) ports instead of the TouchOSC Bridge ones.

It's weird because MIDI does get to the TouchOSC app through the TouchOSC Bridge out port if you send it data any other way.

If you use the CoreMIDI ports you see that feedback options in the controller Assignment window (Expert View) are immediately available when you make an assignment.

J.