EXS24 Instruments missing

Celmar2Ceaumar

Evening, everyone,

in order to progress in music creation I downloaded a template for Logic Pro 10.

Nevertheless, I was missing several instruments on EXS24 to run the project, for example "Fingerstyle Electric Bass", "Twangy Electric", ... So I downloaded them as an appendix. Then I dragged and dropped the files into Logic's Sampler Instruments folder.

I can now select the instrument in Logic and so the project loads correctly. However, the sound still doesn't come out on the tracks that concern the instruments in question.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1622910894_Capturedcran2020-03-1820_43_14.thumb.png.c61db9a484a659a6670df22c56b1863c.png

531238459_Capturedcran2020-03-1820_42_45.thumb.png.3b6121d544ad156a355112a42184c986.png

The EXS24 is a sampler, therefore, the EXS files you moved to the Sampler Instruments folder is just a file that tells the plugin where the samples are. Until you move the Samples folder as well, you will experience that problem over and over again. Hope it helps

Logic gets samples from different places (unfortunately). For example, the Fingerstyle Electric Bass exs file gets the sample from:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Files

(this is the system's Library, not your username's library).

I guess you need to try and see where it works for you, depending on the exs files you are moving. Hope it makes sense

Basically when I download Logic's entire library I'm supposed to have the "Twangy Electric" (for example) in Logic's guitars (instrument that belongs to ESX24). Yet I downloaded all the guitars and I have only this (see picture).

The image you sent me is from the Patches library, not the EXS. Depending on where you click on your channel strip, it will show you the library items for that particular section. Look how it shows a triangle on the left side for each section. If you click on the EXS's left side, it will show you the library for the EXS. The one you sent is for the Patches, which means you clicked the top section where it says "Setting":

library-options.gif.3b2ba573e19bd693fd5a78a0c3a5267d.gif

Back to how the EXS24 works:

Unlike the ES2 for example, the EXS24 is a sampler, that means that it doesn't create new sounds. It loads samples from a folder. The .exs file just tells the EXS24 plugin where those samples are so you will always need an .exs file and a samples folder.

Logic, unfortunately, doesn't have one location for that. It has many: the factory sounds, the user sounds, but then it also gets sounds from a folder for GarageBand, etc. I know, it's a big mess and I really hope they will (one day) come up with a solution to fix this and let us just store all presets and samples in a simple place.

Hope it helps, though.