Get Logic Pro audio on my recorded videos.

kaos13

Hello all,

Please, I am getting really mad with the configuration, and I really do not reach what I need and I can not find NOTHING in the web, which is very strange, maybe I dont know which words use to find it but wow... Please, can someone help me to know exactly the configuration tree needed to get the damn Audio from Logic Pro, on my video recording with my damn iPhone via quicktime?

- I downloaded OBS, Blackhole (Other alternatives too).

- I played with a lot different variations in MIDI Setup, and I can not reach what I want and I need, is very frustrating....

- I want to record myself playing in Logic Pro with my iPhone, but audio coming from Logic to be the one on the video (Not iPhone Microphone).

Please I beg for help after hours and hours without results!

I dont have external hardware, just speakers. I am looking for:

All instruments >> Speakers Output (To hear myself) + Internal Audio Output redirect to the video recording (For the Quicktime Video).

(Connect my phone with cable >> Open Quicktime >> Record a video >> I want Logic audio on that quicktime recorded Video.)

I am getting really crazy with this #$%^&.. I hope someone could have an idea, or help me with this things please, I just find tutorials for streaming, or other applications that did not help. I hope is possible without external hardware, I dont see why will be needed, I hope to be right on that call.

Nothing else, I hope someone can help, thank you very much inå advance!

Kind Regards!

To my knowledge you can't just stream audio to the iPhone for recording like you could between two Macs because iOS lacks the Audio-Over-Network functionality of MacOS. If it's there, someone else may chime in and say so.

Trying to stream iPhone video to the Mac will not work well either because of the latency you will get from using your iPhone as a cordless webcam. This will make the video late to the audio, by maybe half a second.

Alternatively, recording video and audio separately to two different devices will invariably introduce drift between the two, which is a pain in the ass to fix.

- Get e halfway decent webcam for 50-100 bucks and plug it into your computer. If you have a MacBook, there's one built it, so you can use that.

- Download and install Soundflower and SoundflowerBed. This will be used to route Logic's Audio to the recording app and to your outputs. I've tried Blackhole but it lacks some core functionality (I have that confirmed by the developer).

- In Logic's Audio Preferences, set Soundflower as your Output Device

- In SoundflowerBed, route Soundflower to the outputs going to your speakers

- Open Quicktime Player on the Mac

- File>New Video Recording

- Click the down arrow next to the recording button and select video (webcam or MacBook's camera) and audio (Soundflower) sources here

- Hit Record

In any case, you will need some substantial lighting else it will look bad no matter which camera.

I'm not sure if what you're asking is possible or how one would go about it if it were possible. Typical workflow is to import your video in Logic, add, record, edit or program your audio, then bounce the audio to a new movie file.

Thank you very much for your answer!

It looks that I did not find the way, because not possible.. That makes sense.. hahahaha

Are you 100% sure? I just want to catch the internal iMac audio instead the iPhone Microphone to record the video in Quicktime.

In my head, digitally, I still thinking it should be possible, but yeah, I am not experienced, so I could be totally wrong.

But is not possible to send from Logic audio to Speakers, + another to "something" (Soundflower, Blackhole etc) that sends to Quicktime?

To my knowledge you can't just stream audio to the iPhone for recording like you could between two Macs because iOS lacks the Audio-Over-Network functionality of MacOS. If it's there, someone else may chime in and say so.

Trying to stream iPhone video to the Mac will not work well either because of the latency you will get from using your iPhone as a cordless webcam. This will make the video late to the audio, by maybe half a second.

Alternatively, recording video and audio separately to two different devices will invariably introduce drift between the two, which is a pain in the ass to fix.

- Get e halfway decent webcam for 50-100 bucks and plug it into your computer. If you have a MacBook, there's one built it, so you can use that.

- Download and install Soundflower and SoundflowerBed. This will be used to route Logic's Audio to the recording app and to your outputs. I've tried Blackhole but it lacks some core functionality (I have that confirmed by the developer).

- In Logic's Audio Preferences, set Soundflower as your Output Device

- In SoundflowerBed, route Soundflower to the outputs going to your speakers

- Open Quicktime Player on the Mac

- File>New Video Recording

- Click the down arrow next to the recording button and select video (webcam or MacBook's camera) and audio (Soundflower) sources here

- Hit Record

In any case, you will need some substantial lighting else it will look bad no matter which camera.

Thank you very much for your help, I will think about it if i can not find the way, to get the CAM and follow step by step yes, but pff, my phone is really nice Camera, I just need the built in audio from iMac to go to Quicktime, instead the phone Microphone. In my head: Logic out to Speaker + Quicktime (Or supportive app that sends to Quicktime)

I thought Soundflower is not working in Catalina, just alternatives I found and I get already crazy with not much results more than get hyper confused.

By the way, I do the recordings with the iPhone connected by Cable, if not not possible to record from Quicktime, and there is not latency as far as I see.

It is the phone recording everything, even Audio, so there is not lag. Then, if possible to do what I a trying to do, maybe I could find that lag, but anyway, if is the same video, and song, adjusting will be not that hard. If they are 2 separate records, yes, thats crazy hahah

I hope I trigger some new idea from you guys. Thank you for your help!